Quantcast

***triad Urban Rides***

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Everyone note who already doesn't know....there is a weekly urban ride every Tuesday at 7:00pm that leaves from Re:Cycles on Spring Garden Street. If anyone is interested in coming, just show up about 10 minutes early and feel free to PM me for directions. Also, if anyone wants to ride urban any other night of the week, I'm usually available so just PM me when convenient. And if anyone has any urban pics that have not been posted yet, feel free to do so here.

-CHASE

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
you still getting hassled at UNCG? i'd love to pull the punk card since they don't haven any official signs or campus laws against "doing stunts" and, as i was told once, "doing that x-games stuff". i can't stand security gaurds! i'd much rather deal with a sworn officer that knows what the heck he's talking about than some golf cart driving wannabe.

other than that...i'll try to make it in 2 weeks. :D

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Nah, we haven''t gotten hassled in a while except for once, and I cussed his ass out. He was bitching because me and Willeville were weaving through a bunch of cones. Motherfu**er was in a golf cart too. Yeah, you defintiely need to bring the punk card in a couple of weeks and we'll hit it up.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Actually, now that I remember, there have been several occasions where we have been stopped, I only did 3 stair gaps..... I think everyone would like for you to come to put them in their place. Will and my bro John get stopped left, right, and center.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
From a good while back, but here are some pics for the thread. Definitely time for a different camera.

Playing around at the "Fun Area" on the Gemini. Still rarely attempting the wall ride.

Me hitting the step at the same place. Manimal, didn't you build this thing originally?

Me riding a manual on this wall.

John laying out his new P.Street.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Alright then. Just show up by 7:00pm or close to it. Also, if you can't ride Tuesday night(s), I would more than likely be able to schedule another ride for a different day/night. What kind of bike you ride? Oh, and Manimal, you could boost that step up pretty good back when it was built "well". That was one of my favorite things downtown.

Sep 30, 2004
Damnit to hell...

I gotta work t'nite 5:30-11:00
Anyway I gotta check work schedule I know I'm not working tomorow nite I probably am working all weekend nites...

I did some riding lastnite around 10-11:30 up in my little jamestown area boring but I found some semi werid stuff to practice on.

Anyway I ride a 04 P2 Stock I use to do alot of XC but my Fuel 80 is broke right now so I'v just been riding my P bike but urban is by far my fav.
If you wanna get together for some riding hit me up I'm thinking of hitting northwood this weekend or country park.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Dude, FORGET Country Park, it needs a lot of work. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a really cool place, but the entire place needs about 4-6" of dirt. If you crash you are landing in a bed of rocks. But about Northwood, I would love to ride out there again. I've only ridden out there once and my shoulder was dislocated. I think a bunch of Greensborians would like to go back out there as well. Would you be able to do a Northwood ride Saturday or Sunday? What days do you have off work? I can pretty much ride urban any night of the week so just hit me up here or PM if you want to.

Sep 30, 2004
I gotta work tomrorow nite actually just found out.
I'll check my schedule I know that I'm tied up all day sunday and working sunday nite but possibly I can swing northwood saturday but I think I'm working once again.
I'm just have to forget about biking this week and wait till next week.

I haven't been to northwood in months but it's pretty much the place I use to ride all the time curious to see how it looks
I'll PM you some time for some riding.
Later

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Good turnout Tuesday. Anyone wanna ride Friday evening around 6-ish, maybe a little later? Just follow the usual drill, meet at Re:Cycles on Spring Garden St. and we'll head out.

Sep 30, 2004
Hmm T'nite sounds good to me unless something comes up which somthing always does.

But i'll try to make it out

I'll be the dude on the Stock P2 that makes alot of grinding noises.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Alright, my cell is 707-6651, just give me a call. Start time, again, is very flexible for me. I'll be on a black P.1 A1 with a DJ 3 and Tioga urban tires.

Sep 30, 2004
Can Somebody teach me how to hop up stops without slamming into them on my back wheel?

It would be appreciated
Speaking of which patched my tube today seems to be fine be ashame if I had to get rid of a 12.99 tube heh.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Everyone in da Triad area, I'll be hosting a weekend urban ride Saturday September 24th, early in the evening, probably around 7:15-7:30pm, and we will hit up most everything the city of G'Boro has to offer. Any questions?

Sep 30, 2004
Those park benches look pretty cool I'd like to give that a shot.
Probably fall on my ass but sure do look fun.

I wanna go back to that stepup and try to hit it faster next time that was really cool.

anyway ima try to make it out tomorow nite.

:dancing: Later

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
If you get on the stairs though it is definitely smooth though, at least for me it was. But yes, if you land falt it is QUITE an impact.

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
manimal said:
it hurts if you don't hit it perfect. i broke my old rear shock there one time and cracked my seat stays another. fun if you make it but, holy crap, it's a hard hit

...back in the day on the kona stinky 6 :D

yeah that looks like it hurt to come up short. u doing that big ride?