Quantcast

trick tips for beginers on the bmx scine

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
the TAIL WHIP
step 1] hit the jump as you normally would
as you leave the lip you should be starting the trick first i kick the back end of the bike with your back foot sideways at the same time my front legs swings around like im doing a nacnac .
step2] once you get the bike quarter way around its easy to use your arms a good tip is to stay above your bars and not to lean back to far. stay above your bars and try to gyrate the bike around
step3] as the bike comes around pull the bars slitly into your lap so the bike ends up right below the feet put your front foot on first then swing the back leg around to the outher peadle

IF YOU GET FRUSTRATED TAKE A BRAKE OR CLIME A TREE :p ;)

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
NO HANDER

theres two was to do this

fist one is as you are adout to hit the peak of your air you push the bars forwood and pinch the seat with your kneens and as you lean back you let go of the bars and pull the bike up with your kneens to where you can reach your bars :)

the second one is on the way up to the peak of your air put the bars in your lap and put your hands up in the air :devil:

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia

just as you leave the lip of the jump start to turn useing you head as the mane tuning tool keep turning until your headspots the landing ramp and your bike should folow thrue:)

truckdriver
as you start to spin you pinch the seat with your knees and spin the bars making shore to catch the bars befor you land

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
tobogen

as you hit the peak of your air push the front end down and lean back and grap your seat with one hand

superman seat grab

as you leve the lip throw your legs back and put one hand on your seat all in one moshen when you bring it back pull the bike back towards your self

no footer

as you reach our peak thow your feet off to the sides of your bike and just bring it back :)

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
nothing seat grab

just as your about o hit your peak of your air throw your feet of to the side and put both of your hands on the seat just make shore you put your hands on first then the feet

no footerd cancan

be for the peak of the air swing both of your legs to one side of your bike then place your feet back on the pedal

THIS WILL BE THE LAST LOT OF TRICK TIPS TILL I GEF SOME MORE SUPORT FOR THIS PAGE :(

FROM TREVOR

one handed tables: as you leave the lip take your hand off (it is easy if you start doing a very small one hander as you go into your table) then push the bike down and to one side as far as you can, just make sure you have enough hang time to get your hand back before you land. and don't try to turn your bar because it is very easy to loose balence in the air.

one footed table: they are almost the same as one handed tables just with your foot (duh :D ) just take your foot off as if you are doing a one footer and then push your bike down and over, if your turn your bar it becomes a one footed whip and that is not always good.

if you try these i would love to hear how it went.

have fun and kids remember to always wear you helmeat and have a adult just in case......**** that. :devil:

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
back flip
hit the lip like normal and pull back on the bars and push the back wheel around with your legs and keep pulling your bars until you spot the landing try and use your head as much as you can:cool:
and the chicks love it:devil:

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
super man
as you leave the lip throw you legs backwards off the pedals and push the bike forward and just bring it back :) its easy 1

rock solid
its the same as a superman but you take you hands off while you do the superman :rolleyes:

cat wark
as you leave the lip you step off to the side of you bike take your hands of the bars and run in the air put your hands back first then feet make shore its a big jump or you will eat dirt and lose your there

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
bar hop
as you leave the lip throw both your legs over the bars and just pull them back and put them on the peadels for a sweet landing

healcliker
as you get off the jump swing both your legs around the top of the bars untill both feet touch then swing them back for a nice landing:cool:

decade
as you leave the jump you jump off your bike and spin around the bars and put your feet back on the peadels. try and keep the bike as strate as you can :D

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
bus driver
its the same as bar spin but you push the bars around with one hand like your driving a car

cancan
just take one foot off the pedale and swing it over the top tube so both feet are on one side

candy bar
put one foot over your bars through yout arms

crank flip
similer to a no footer but as you do the no footer flick your pedails back so thay do a full rotation by using one foot :)

x up
turn the handal bars 180 so your ars are crossed try to keep your legs strate so you dont hit your knees :devil:

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
Some Of Theses Tricks Are For Moto Bike But Can Be Dun On Bmx And Mtb I Have Dun Them But If Sumthink Dosent Work Send Me A Privet Msg And Ill Help You
If You Cant Get A Trick Throw A Rock Or Two At A Tree And Chill

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
body flip this is the hardest of the tricks

as you leave the lip you go to do a frount flip but you leave the bike and your body dus the flip them catch the bike as you cum down
you need alot of hight and make shor you try this in a foam pit

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
coz if you want to lurn a trick you loke here and find the bacisks and if you need any more help with a trick than send me a privet msg and ill help

if i get to meny complants ill close this thred down

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
well, if you are just getting into riding bmx nearly all of these tricks will be beyond your ability. You also arnt really doing anything but describing what the trick is.

and can you even do most of the tricks you are trying to help us with? or are you just spouting crap about how you think they are supposed to be done.

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
yes i can do 98% of thes tricks and i lurnt them in a foam pit witch sits at the end of a 10 pack in my back yard with lots of dirt jump and coz i dont work any more i ride all day every day

skinny

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Victoria, BC, Canada
trevor84 said:
if you have a problem with me your the way i this thread is why dont help in sted of critasizing me ok
I think that post actually made me dumber.

Sorry mate, what I meant to say was try typing full sentences for a change. You'll be better for it in the long run.

u hav no ida how hrd it is to uderstnd sum1 hu talks lkie tihs

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
man, this place has some serious pricks!

trevor, your english may not be the best, but i respect your thread. you've provided some solid tips, as well as kept a level head when these bastards try to dig into you.

but tricks like the body flip? i want to see you do this on video. get a friend to tape you and then put it up on this thread so we can check it out. :thumb:

Boostin,
The problem most people have with this thread is that it basically reeks of poserdom.

Saying what a trick is is hardly the same as giving tips on how to actually DO the trick.

Also.. Jumping into a lake, or foam pit is hardly the same thing as actually doing these tricks on a true dirt jump. Once the major element of risk is removed most people will try virtually anything. I can assure you from more that just a casual involvement with aerial stunts on BMX that technique to doing sofsticated and complicated tricks is far more that just knowing what the actual trick is.
The thing with doing some of these tricks on real jumps is that you have to land them to not have a very high consequence crash. To land them you have to have a very clear and accurate understanding of the forces that both your body and bike will experience while airborne.

I will clarify with an example..
Trevor lists a "flatty" (also known as a table top) in his trick tips. He indicates that this is performed by "turn your bike 90 so yourv bike is parralel with the ground".
Now while this is an description of what the term "flatty" means in bike jumps... it hardly gives any insight on how to perform this trick.
For a "flatty" you have to approach the lip with just a little bit more speed than you need to clear the jump at your normal distance comfortably, as you ramp up the lip you want to shift your hips back and with your feet square on their balls you want to widen your knees.
Pop off the lip and instead of driving your hands forward as you would normally do, lock whatever hand you want to be the forward hand of the bar in it's position, then with this being the fulcrum for the bike push the bar with the other hand down turning it 90 deg. this will initiate the bike to table, however this will only get you about thirty deg. of vertical alone. so you must use the top leg to drive the bike completely flat (or beyond) and to do this you rotate your foot downwards at the ankle and twist your hip so that your bent knee forms a right angle. if you put slight pressure upwards at this point with the bottom leg, the bike will travel upwards at this moment, but since you have locked the bars in position by holding your arms fast, the bottom bracket only will rise, make the bike lay "flat". You want to time this so that you reach this point JUST BEFORE you reach the apex (peak) of your air. that will make the bike stall and get as flat as it can when you start to travel back down.. now you must be patient, as it takes far less than half the time to get out of this as it took to get in.
as you spot your landing make sure that you feel neutral in position above the flat bike and simply pull up on the arm that turned the bars flat and relax your legs.. since your lead hand is still fixed in position, the bike will immediatly right itself and you will end up just forward of the seat in a stable position over the bike, now push slightly forward on the bars and let yourself drive the bike back into the landing tranny..

See that is a description of how to do a trick, instead of saying what a trick is.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
thank you shootr, that description is exactly why i was questioning this thread.

Its all well and good that trevor was trying to help out, but the way he was doing it wasnt going to help anyone. Now normally i wouldnt have said anything, but he just kept adding more of the same nondiscriptive posts. Then he began to sound frustrated with our lack of support for the thread.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

He may have wanted to be a good person and help others learn tricks. But he couldnt back up his intentions with good descriptions

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
you got it in one i was getting pissed with the lack of support from the thread and i have coped a lot of **** for this thread and i know how all the riders feel about me and my help so i have said no more help