Quantcast

trip to wintergreen 7/15/06

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Its a pretty darn good time up there.
However, if someone tries to talk you into Logger's Alley, punch them in the balls and then drench them in dog urine.

I really thought they were trying to "earn" our money there, damn nice people. And the trucks could haul my wide load up the hill, which is bueno.

I'll be going back in August some time.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Fast as you want to go rocky fire road, 7 miles of it. Its actually quite fun if you don't stop. My new rule of thumb is if no one has a DH bike or tube for running Loggers alley, I aint going, or stopping.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
mindlessfr said:
i think ill ride it once just to see how it is and that remindes me i need to go pick up spare tubes
EXACTLY! LOL! Spare tubes....

Its a blast and fun to ride, but when you go with a bunch of folks, it gets a bit much when 3 people break down. I wouldn't ride it alone, but I don't recommend riding with bikes that can't handle it.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Goddamn Loggers Alley, its where Satan lives.

Its not hard, its just a pain in the ass if you have break downs.
Or if you're fat and hate hiking.

Is there another mission on that way in August? Gonna make Noname bring a more metal bike. 12 patches...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Hey Tat, if you can nail down a weekend in Aug. asap I can plan for it.
Otherwise I'm shooting for the end of this month before the kids go back to school. My non-DHing, BMX Superstar-daughter actually wants to go back for more.
Just to save a call for me, is the lift in fact working yet?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Supposedly its going to be working by next weekend.
However, as someone who has worked at a mountain, the part they need is not easy to come by. According to the guy at the activities tent, and one of the lift techs I talked to real quick, they nuked the gear box for the main lift. Only one company makes that part, and they're in Germany. If the guy was right, they ordered the part in March. That means maybe its ready now, but only time will tell.

Maybe August 12. Don't tie me to it yet, but it might swing. Will let you know after I get back from Nationals. I cracked a couple ribs as it turns out, so I need to see if the body is still working.

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
sirknight6 said:
EXACTLY! LOL! Spare tubes....

Its a blast and fun to ride, but when you go with a bunch of folks, it gets a bit much when 3 people break down. I wouldn't ride it alone, but I don't recommend riding with bikes that can't handle it.

its a blast...pardon the pun. :rolleyes:
yeh ill need spare tubes too.

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
Its been a while since ive been on here and even ridden my bike but Im really thinking about tryin to come up there this saturday. I need to get some downhill tubes. (anyone know where I can get some good downhill tubes near richmond?) I really want to come up there so if its gonna be worth it tell me and Im in.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
Its been a while since ive been on here and even ridden my bike but Im really thinking about tryin to come up there this saturday. I need to get some downhill tubes. (anyone know where I can get some good downhill tubes near richmond?) I really want to come up there so if its gonna be worth it tell me and Im in.
I gotta tube....

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
Ok. looks like Im goin this saturday. Are you in Ralph? Ive got my dads truck if you want to roll with.

Oh yea, Brandon, dont you have my knee pads or something like that from the shuttle trip to flagpole? if you still have them would you mind bringing them? thanks

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
So is the lift definitely running this weekend? If so I may be in for a run, gonna bring the hardtail if I go since no one yet makes 29'' downhill tubes that I know of. As usual it will be a last minute thing but if the lifts are running that is just more incentive to make the trip.:)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
noname said:
So is the lift definitely running this weekend? If so I may be in for a run, gonna bring the hardtail if I go since no one yet makes 29'' downhill tubes that I know of. As usual it will be a last minute thing but if the lifts are running that is just more incentive to make the trip.:)
As fast as you run, why bring a bike at all? Just wear the right foot apparel!!! :D

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
sirknight6 said:
As fast as you run, why bring a bike at all? Just wear the right foot apparel!!! :D
Odd you say that as my running shoes crapped out on me tonight, I have a nice blister on my right foot damn it! :D
Guess I'll have to ride the bike after all. :)

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
spectaculardark said:
yeh...does anyone know where i can get some 26X2" dh tubes in Richmond?
I think bigmike was trying to talk Duk at goodlies into getting some. Dont know if they did or not. I saw some tubes at performace that ma work. They are the cheap thick tubes. Not as thick as a DH tube but much thicker than an XC tube.

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
alot of rocks. a few rickety manmade obstacles and a few new ones that are pretty good. mostly rocky steep tight trails. with some big rocks to drop off thrown in.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
I washed out on stoney snake in a steep rock garden after I hit a loose rock and I basically skidden down the rock garden sideways on my fork. My lowers have a dent/gash in them that goes all the way to the inside (took lowers off and you could feel the dent go in). I ordered new lowers in black so I will have a black world cup soon! it's still rideable.