Quantcast

Triple DHip Race at Sol Vista

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Minnaar is going to be tough to beat. There no one on the planet that is consistantly as fast as him on on basically every kind of track. Consistency is what it takes to win that G3 format type of race. If he wants the win and that cash purse then my guess is that no one comes close.

On the other hand he usually only really steps up his game for the World Cup. In that case it could be anyones race. I want to see Sic Mic take it.

I.van

Monkey
Apr 15, 2007
Australia
From afar, prizes and participation seem to be really good for this event.

Does this mean that the US DH racing scene is once again booming?

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
From afar, prizes and participation seem to be really good for this event.

Does this mean that the US DH racing scene is once again booming?
not booming, but getting better.

the town of granby forked over a ton of cash for the prize pool. Apparently they saw how hosting the nationals brought in some serious coin to the community during the summer. So big prize pool attracts riders, riders spend money in town, everyone wins. I really hope the town sees an influx of money this weekend.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Mikey Sylvestri for the win over Minnaar, Hannah, Neethling and Riffle as well as a stacked field. He was on fire today and looked great through sections that Minnaar himself said were difficult and felt slow in.

Race #3 tomorrow.

Idahoo

Chimp
Apr 21, 2009
Results yet...? I know in the second race which was chainless, it was Minaar, Hannah, Boice (Yeti Nat. Team) and Needles....

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Kreger (announcing) mentioned that Riffle had a head cold for the weekend. Despite that I saw him absolutely tearing down stage 3. He had grass, dirt and rocks flying everywhere as he was drifting. I didn't get my camera out in time, but he looked awesome on that high speed section.

I did get some great shots of stage 2 with the pros just tearing one of the berms apart, I'll have to get them up later when I'm home from work.

Great phacking event.

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Kreger (announcing) mentioned that Riffle had a head cold for the weekend. .
Worse. Duncan actually got some brutal stomach bug and was mega-sick the whole time he was here. He barely ate for 5 days. What he did eat, he rarely kept down. Lesser men would have been on the couch instead of racing. Gutsy performance to represent his sponsors and still deliver good race results.

Oh, and I watched him perform some sort of uber-jedi move in his stage1 race run to avert sheer disaster. He was headed straight for a tree and somehow re-directed at the last instant to keep it on track. The mistake definitely cost him a few seconds and surely kept him out of the top-five for the overall. Kid's got pace.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Yeah but even bigger props to the solvista crew for pulling it all off the 1st year with big money and prizes for an $85 entry / 3 race run format.
Gotta hand it to them, great for the sport
I was very impressed with everyone from Sol Vista this past weekend. Matt and his crew had everything on time, the tracks looked pretty dialed for just recently opening for the season, and the rest of the whole staff was very friendly and did their job well.

Special thanks to Sol Vista for having a few hot chicks on staff all over the mountain!!!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Whoops, I accidentally merged the two junior cats together, thanks for pointing it out! :(

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
It was a fun weekend with perfect weather and a great experience to race some of the best in the world. I got beat by 51 seconds in only 9 minutes of racing! Still would have won any of the amateur classes though.

Last edited: