Quantcast

Trippel + Working on car= OH CRAP NO!

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I had a coupple of trippels when i was working on my starter (this was just before a race btw). so i got it all hooked up, had the ignition on, and i was testing the contacts with a test light. then i knock a wrench down into the engine bay, and the bloody thing landed on the starter, and wherever it landed, it made a nice connection and turned the car over (which was in gear). my Gemini, and my pixie bike were leaning against the bench in front of the car. so it starts lurching forward, and starts :rolleyes:. i ran around and turned the key off just as it strated munching my bike. fuk........

now the LUCKY part. it knocked the pixie bike over, and it got wedged under the car, between thr front crossmember and the desk..... so all in all, never hit the gemini, and 0 bodywork damage. even the pixie bike was pretty much undamaged. Me - 1 bad luck - 0

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by Repack
Uh, whats a Trippel?
It's a style of beer.

"There is historical debate over whether the beer style "Tripple" is so named because the beer has three times the extract value of the single or because a Tripple has three fermentations: The first one is the primary fermentation, the second is secondary fermentation or aging, and finally, the third is bottle-conditioning. Regardless of how the name was derived, Tripples are currently associated with the unique combination of being refreshing in flavor while providing a sensation of warmth derived from their high alcohol content."

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by BikeGeek
It's a style of beer.

"There is historical debate over whether the beer style "Tripple" is so named because the beer has three times the extract value of the single or because a Tripple has three fermentations: The first one is the primary fermentation, the second is secondary fermentation or aging, and finally, the third is bottle-conditioning. Regardless of how the name was derived, Tripples are currently associated with the unique combination of being refreshing in flavor while providing a sensation of warmth derived from their high alcohol content."
Not true... a Double has just as many fermentations...
The Triple refers to the specific gravity of the wort. 3X the gravity of a simple beer.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by -BB-
Not true... a Double has just as many fermentations...
I thought a Double had the same.

I've also heard it has something to do with the quantity of ingredients.

Regardless, Trippel = YUMMY!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by BikeGeek
I thought a Double had the same.

I've also heard it has something to do with the quantity of ingredients.

Regardless, Trippel = YUMMY!
Hells yeah...
I like Kasteel and Affligem triple the best.

I am also a big fan of PHANTOME saison
Choufee makes some fine brews too, as do the mad brewers (with the rodenbach yeast)

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by -BB-
For Shame... For Shame....

How can you have a Beer avatar and not know that?
My head is hanging in shame. The tears are welling up. I...need...to...go.......:(

EDIT: This Rumsfeld sized oversite on my part has a simple solution: I am off to the store to buy some Trippel, place it in an ice filled cooler, drive to a campsite in NH where my friends are already drunk, and proceed to sample a new beer!

I'm feeling much better now!