Quantcast

troy lee designs - spider patern

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
anyone know where you can pickup the helmets with the spiders? i saw one in whister at a shop, but none state-side. i also saw they have a saddle with the same design. i want it, despite the silly price tag :panic:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
thanks gang!
the phobia is what i was looking for. jenson has the white ones. the black ones are cheaper but it is harder to see the spiders on it :(

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
I see the saddle listed on a distributers site now but not available yet.

We will have them when they come out.

We do have the helmets though.

Krispy

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
speaking of mtb and mx helmets. whats everyone's opinions on wearing mx helmets. I've got a 661 comp and i'm honestly not too fond of it. the padding kind of sucks and its design is very close to a walmart special helmet you can get for 40 bucks. the giro remedy is a pretty wide helmet so it doesnt seem too different from a the mx helmet.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
What's the size difference between the SE and the D2's??? I've been woindering this for awhile now. Wish I could just see each in person, I live in NoDHscene Land... Not concerned about the weights, just don't like looking like a damn lollipop....with a beer belly? Ha!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
What's the size difference between the SE and the D2's??? I've been woindering this for awhile now. Wish I could just see each in person, I live in NoDHscene Land... Not concerned about the weights, just don't like looking like a damn lollipop....with a beer belly? Ha!
I dunno, but I had the chance at Jenson USA to try on a D2 and I can see why everyone runs them. It is STUPID light on your head. Plus their M/L fit me like a glove. I have a 3-4 year old Giro Mad Max....which fits perfect as well and cost much less.

No SE's though. I'd imagine they fit pretty similar.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
The SE comes in more sizes (4 vs 3) than the D2. It is bigger and a bit heavier ( seem to notice when I stretch my goggles over the big 'ol orb). They fit similar, but I can get a better/snugger fit in the SE than the d2. Seems the SE is a bit more fitted around the cheek/jaw.

I do really like my SE for days when I am going fast all day long (whistler) but if it is not constant down hill (ie shuttling or pushing or pedaling) it is too much IMO.

IIRC the composite D2 now meeds the new DH standard....so I would think it is plenty helmet for most times.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Cool, that's good to know. I like my current 07 Giro Remedy...until I see pics of myself in it. It als ojust doesn't feel like much is around my head. TECHNICALLY, that should be a good thing, but I almost think I would feel more confident with a noticeable lid! I've never gone down on granite at 30 and hope I never get that chance to test one!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Have the white phobia helmet myself (not for DH though)....love it! Apparently it makes me much easier to spot on the trail also.

The phobia is also an SE2 which is an upgrade from the SE. I don't have an '07 SE to compare to, but do have an '06 SE....not to much of a difference, but I do like the feel of the SE2 just a bit more.

Can't remember what if feels to have a light D2 on my head, but don't feel the weight at all with my TLD MX helmet doing 2+ hour races (except for the race when I had an extra 5 pounds of mud on the top of my helmet...that hurts the neck a bit).

It's definitely a sharp helmet (and I don't even like spiders!)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
speaking of mtb and mx helmets. whats everyone's opinions on wearing mx helmets. I've got a 661 comp and i'm honestly not too fond of it. the padding kind of sucks and its design is very close to a walmart special helmet you can get for 40 bucks. the giro remedy is a pretty wide helmet so it doesnt seem too different from a the mx helmet.
be sure to run a forum search for the mtb vs. mx helmet thoughts on protection.