Quantcast

Troy

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Just went to see it tonight and i really liked it. The only thing that was kind of odd was that instead of the siege being 10 years its was only about 20 days :confused:. Other then that the movie was great. Brad Pitt played Achilles(sp?) very well, and the rest of the movie was also well cast. What did you guys/gals think of it?

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hehe, a film custom tailored to my needs as a Greek. Very very good film, but filled with inaccuracies, which dont affect the lasting appeal. The only problem is that its just a story of Troy and has no connection to Homer's Epic.

No Gods!
15days vs 10yrs
Achileas dies before the trojan horse assault
Menelaos and Agamemnon dont die in the battle.

I am not going to bitch about inaccuracies beeing Greek myself, and if you hear anyone bitching, slap him/her on my behalf, if they knew better then they should have produced/directed the film. Kudos to producers/director/cast.

Priamos acting was superb, as well as the implementation of the character of Odysseas.

Yours
Yannis

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
my dad was telling me that he worked out for 2 hours each day!, but so would i if i were getin paid like a cool 9 million or w.e it is, also he sprained his achiles heel while on set or somthing, kinda ironic.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Damn that kicked ass! I'm surprised the critics were so hard on it. It wasn't much more than an action movie, but holy crap what action! Much more coherent that the Return of the King which the critics seemed to love....

I'll be seeing Troy again in the theatre :D

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by math2014
Hehe, a film custom tailored to my needs as a Greek. Very very good film, but filled with inaccuracies, which dont affect the lasting appeal. The only problem is that its just a story of Troy and has no connection to Homer's Epic.

No Gods!
15days vs 10yrs
Achileas dies before the trojan horse assault
Menelaos and Agamemnon dont die in the battle.

I am not going to bitch about inaccuracies beeing Greek myself, and if you hear anyone bitching, slap him/her on my behalf, if they knew better then they should have produced/directed the film. Kudos to producers/director/cast.

Priamos acting was superb, as well as the implementation of the character of Odysseas.

Yours
Yannis
ELA REH!

you still know that just about EVERYONE in Greece is gonna be bitching about those inaccuracies though ;)
etsi imasteh emis i elines milameh poli....:D

Me thinks they did a good job at that movie. I liked it. greek chics have bigger boobs than the actresses they used though. They should have known better :monkey:

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Originally posted by Shortbus
ELA REH!

you still know that just about EVERYONE in Greece is gonna be bitching about those inaccuracies though ;)
etsi imasteh emis i elines milameh poli....:D

Me thinks they did a good job at that movie. I liked it. greek chics have bigger boobs than the actresses they used though. They should have known better :monkey:
I dont really care, if someone is bitching for something and he is wrong about it.

Anyhow... i am excited! two Greek monkeys in one forum! :D

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I didn't like Troy. I thought Eric Bana was good. Brad Pitt was ok, but looked too contemporary. Their fight scene was cool though.
The pacing didn't work for me. Oh well.

Had the movie Troy starred Troy McClure, then I think my opinion would have been a lot different.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by MMike
I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit that Brad Pitt pretty much has everything going for him...

...especially at like 40 or 41 years old....
right on...the guy is just f'ing amazing looking...and beside the fact that he is probably the hottest piece of ass to grace the planet, he really is a good actor...and did I mention very easy on the eyes...he's just soooo dreamy!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by dh girlie
Uhhh hello!!! No Gods???? What do you call Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom...DUHHHH! :D :heart: :love:

My wife thinks that Legolas is a little girl boy.

That kid is SO F-ing lucky to have stumbled into LOTR. That was his first movie. He's now had three parts in three very successful movies. He must be really good at fencing and archery in real life by now....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by stoney98
normally you take a chick to a brad pitt movie and it's a gimmie when you get home, but NOOOOO, not this movie. Chickie was kind of ehm...put off by the violence, to say the least. she wanted to go home and even commented that it was a little more than violence then she expected and a litlle less story. Strike one down for Stoney... In all honesty, the story did seem kind of lack ing, it could have been SOOOO good, but it fell short.

That and the culminating "saddness" at the end was not poignant enough, like I said before, the score just was not up to par. the movie could have been 10x better, had the score been better.

your opinion is wrong.

lilstinky

Chimp
Aug 11, 2003
bellingham, WA
Originally posted by MMike
Brad pitt can pull off any roll. He really is a great actor.

And he got HUGE for this movie. He was ripped in fight club. But compared to that, he's way bigger.
I didnt think Brad Pit could get any hotter than he was in Fight Club(best movie ever by the way) For Shure have to see this movie!!!

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by lilstinky
I didnt think Brad Pit could get any hotter than he was in Fight Club(best movie ever by the way) For Shure have to see this movie!!!
I dunno, I think there's cheaper ways to masturbate....:eek:

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
I wish hollywood would stop trying to rewrite history. Alot of people only learn about this stuff from the movies.

But then how do you compact 15 years into 2 hours...

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Originally posted by dh girlie
Catty dudes...:D There are so few hot men in hollywood...I mean REALLY hot...compared to the number of hot women...so let us enjoy Brad without your catty comments...y'all need to just face is that he is the most perfect speciman of all man kind.
Dont call me catty, Brad was excellent, and my comments werent directed towards Brad or E.Bana, they were directed to the fact that Ilyad was about the interference of gods in the world of men, that was the main point, how gods played with humans.... and its not there. It is a great film! but its not the Ilyad, its something else remotely based on Ilyad, still, very very good.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Shortbus
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D

Just checkin' to see if anyone OTHER than dh girlie was payin' attention here...

And don't get me started on the Iliad, those damn dead greeks and ignorance, thinkin' some gods are mad at them because they didn't make a sacrifice....