Quantcast

TroyLee helmets?

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I am thinking about getting a TroyLee D2 Carbon helmet, but I find it difficult to see if there is a difference between the 2008 versions and 2009 versions. Is it only the design that has been changed or are there any other "up-grades" or differences I should know of before getting a 2008 helmet (I like the older design better)?

Thank you.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
As far as I know, helmet design has really slowed down. They changed graphics and made them lighter, but as far as I know they are the same. I just got myself a 09' D2 History Carbon.

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
There hasn't been any drastic changes with the D2 for the last few years. I'm currently on my 4th TLD D2 which is an 08 Phobia helmet. I bought my first one in 04 and haven't noticed all that much with the changes.

The biggest change I'd say would be with TLD competitors and the improvments they've made especially THE industries.

For a good deal you can't go wrong with a Hold-over D2.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
There hasn't been any drastic changes with the D2 for the last few years. I'm currently on my 4th TLD D2 which is an 08 Phobia helmet. I bought my first one in 04 and haven't noticed all that much with the changes.

The biggest change I'd say would be with TLD competitors and the improvments they've made especially THE industries.

For a good deal you can't go wrong with a Hold-over D2.
Thanks for the info. I am actually thining about going for a 08 Fobia over the 09 design, as I like it better.

Jon Kerr

Chimp
Jan 30, 2008
San Diego, Ca.
I've got an 08 Peaty D2 Composite. It's great. Fit is perfect on it. (I have a big melon so it can be hard to find a helmet that fits right.) It's really light and comfortable. The full carbon helmets are even lighter too.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
There are rumors about an D3 floating around. It was also mentioned in the feature about Troy Lee in the Dirt 100.