Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
a 265/70 is about 30.6" in diameter.

Metric sizes go like this:

1st number = tread width
2nd number = percentage of treadwidth that sidewall height is
3rd number = rim diameter

You can determine the tire diameter in inches fairly easily by converting the tread width to inches (divide by 25.4) and then multiply by .70. Then double that number and add the rim diameter (16)

Or you can just use the calculators here to convert metric to standard. http://4lo.com

EDIT: That chart you linked tells you the tire diameter in inches also jackass it's in one of the columns to the right... :D

J

JRB

Try this. I never really knew, or cared, about tire size. I preferred tall and skinny for mud and most folks don't. I didn't get stuck until I had wide tires.

speedster

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Get the 265/70/16 if you want a 31''. What truck are these going on btw? I have an 03 Taco 4x4 and it comes stock with 265's, and now I have 285/75 with new suspension.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
loco said:
Try this. I never really knew, or cared, about tire size. I preferred tall and skinny for mud and most folks don't. I didn't get stuck until I had wide tires.

Loco are you a DSMer, or did you just google for that link?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
BigMike said:
They are going on my 2000 Nissan Pathfinder which I am getting one of These lifts for
you don't need a lift for 31"s on a '96+ pathfinder. will look better without imo and will have better (lower) center of gravity.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I agree with Toshi or if you do lift it a few inches put some 32's or 33's on it if they clear. It looks like that lift though is more of a suspension upgrade that may provide an inch or two of lift as well.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
To be safe I'd go with whatever metric size comes to about (275?) 32". If you go bigger than that not only might it rub pretty bad off-road but also your axle gear ratios will be farther off and performance will suffer. Also are you keeping the stock rims? If you replace them be sure to get rims with the ocrrect backspacing otherwise your tires may not tuck into the wheel wells on compression causing rubbing.

BikeyMikey

Chimp
Jan 16, 2017
the tires will depend on the size of the rims and if you have a lift. you may want to check a forum for pathfinder to see what they usually put on their ride

pghero

Chimp
Feb 5, 2017
Wish I knew more about cars down to this level. Might be incredibly useful during the apocalypse...