Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've never wanted facial recognition before today. I might change my mind.
don't need it

mostly because it's been used to arrest people doing literally nothing wrong or illegal. And has been used to send the wrong black people to jail over and over again.

If you want to see the effective version I can send you some links. It's how most of the nazis at Charlottesville were identified.

And will be very relevant in the next two weeks.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
don't need it

mostly because it's been used to arrest people doing literally nothing wrong or illegal. And has been used to send the wrong black people to jail over and over again.

If you want to see the effective version I can send you some links. It's how most of the nazis at Charlottesville were identified.

And will be very relevant in the next two weeks.
It was a joke.......

Tacos.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shit son, I live in Colorado Springs. I got a free gun when I registered my car. How many you want?
I'm going to a Ford dealership to sell the Bolt tomorrow. I'll tell you of they give me a gun and T(r)ump flag on the way out.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It is funny

The cops didn't let them in based on their own decisions. The big issue about this wasn't that a bunch of loons stormed the capitol and disrupted hearings, it is that someone in control wanted it to happen.
Be careful, do you have any evidence for this?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Be careful, do you have any evidence for this?

Everything we saw today. A supposed elite police force under a known threat situation would never be that unprepared nor would every single officer ignore what should be some very clear direction on based on an individual decision.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Or, IRL your supposed amazing military got beaten by locals in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam and the American mythology about exceptional and elite security forces of all types is just that, a myth. There’s more long-term evidence for that I would say. I mean you yourself bag on shit cops all the time.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Or, IRL your supposed amazing military got beaten by locals in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam and the American mythology about exceptional and elite security forces of all types is just that, a myth. There’s more long-term evidence for that I would say. I mean you yourself bag on shit cops all the time.
A police force widely known for brutality in a country where there are 12 guns per 10 people... suddenly decided to be all like "dont cross that door, pretty please" to complete strangers barricading thru a federal building is too much coincidence.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This wasn't a mass episode of incompetence. The American policing standard is a few episodes of incompetence doggedly defended by the masses. I bag on cops, I don't buy in to the few bad apples mythology. They are a well organized and united cosa nostra.