Quantcast

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The language in this article is vomit-inducing.

For the first time in American history, a former president of the United States has been indicted on criminal charges. It is worth pausing to repeat that: An American president has been indicted for a crime for the first time in history.
Despite basically every American President ever being a criminal. Despite, for example, nearly every one ordering or facilitating some kind of murder of non-Americans, with recent examples having headcounts that stretch into the hundreds of thousands.

So many unthinkable firsts have occurred since Donald J. Trump was elected to the White House in 2016
Unthinkable firsts, eh? This is an unquestionably positive framing. 'Nasa's latest mission has achieved an unthinkable first'. 'Firsts!' Being first is the American dream. Winners and losers. First and last. This line should be 'Our society has been repeatedly debased and degraded since Donald J. Trump was elected to the White House in 2016'. You have not had, by any means, 'so many unthinkable firsts'.

For all of the focus on the tawdry details of the case or its novel legal theory or its political impact, the larger story is of a country heading down a road it has never travelled before, one fraught with profound consequences for the health of the world’s oldest democracy. For more than two centuries, presidents have been held on a pedestal, even the ones swathed in scandal, declared immune from prosecution while in office and, effectively, even afterward.

No longer. That taboo has been broken. A new precedent has been set. Will it tear the country apart, as some feared about putting a former president on trial after Watergate? Will it be seen by many at home and abroad as victor’s justice akin to developing nations where former leaders are imprisoned by their successors?
It's too scary for the NYT for America to admit to itself that America just got played by an amoral dumbass, and probably even worse how culpable they themselves are.

And on and on.

It's so NYT, an allegedly progressive voice that in reality, when it comes to important issues, bleeds conservative.

It can't bear to see a precedent of reflection, of justice, being set for American leadership even when that's for an evil moron. It (baselessly) trumpets American 'exceptionalism' whilst at the same time normalising trump, ignoring real history and in the end tries rather too hard to suggest that self-reconning might be a bit difficult, turbulent and therefore actually damaging and unnecessary.

This is the language of an addict, a delusional person. This is why you can't have nice things. Because when it comes down to it, the 'left wing' mouth-hole of the establishment media reveals itself evermore as simply a voice of the white boomers that pretended to be down with the kids as a featherweight decoy to avoid any self-reflection.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The language in this article is vomit-inducing.

Despite basically every American President ever being a criminal. Despite, for example, nearly every one ordering or facilitating some kind of murder of non-Americans, with recent examples having headcounts that stretch into the hundreds of thousands.

Unthinkable firsts, eh? This is an unquestionably positive framing. 'Nasa's latest mission has achieved an unthinkable first'. 'Firsts!' Being first is the American dream. Winners and losers. First and last. This line should be 'Our society has been repeatedly debased and degraded since Donald J. Trump was elected to the White House in 2016'. You have not had, by any means, 'so many unthinkable firsts'.

It's too scary for the NYT for America to admit to itself that America just got played by an amoral dumbass, and probably even worse how culpable they themselves are.

And on and on.

It's so NYT, an allegedly progressive voice that in reality, when it comes to important issues, bleeds conservative.

It can't bear to see a precedent of reflection, of justice, being set for American leadership even when that's for an evil moron. It (baselessly) trumpets American 'exceptionalism' whilst at the same time normalising trump, ignoring real history and in the end tries rather too hard to suggest that self-reconning might be a bit difficult, turbulent and therefore actually damaging and unnecessary.

This is the language of an addict, a delusional person. This is why you can't have nice things. Because when it comes down to it, the 'left wing' mouth-hole of the establishment media reveals itself evermore as simply a voice of the white boomers that pretended to be down with the kids as a featherweight decoy to avoid any self-reflection.

we should have left NZ to japan....

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Brain will be swinging by with some grade A what-about-ism in 3...2...
No what-about's here. It's purely politically motivated. The left is in complete panic mode and will do everything in their power to have him not run in 24'. If Trump beats this & runs, he has a good chance of beating Biden. It took the left media, FB, Twitter etc. suppressing story's about Hunters laptop as "Russian Disinformation" to possibly help Biden get across the finish line. Would it have made a difference in the election results? Who knows, maybe not. Now if the media was fair and didn't squash any stories, would Trump have won? Possibly, hard to say. Remember, Trump still had 75M votes which is a lot especially in a loss.

At the end of the day, everyone should want free & fair elections. Trump had a target on his back by the left before he even took office. It's scary that tech/media can & does control what they want you to hear. That should be alarming to everyone no matter what side you're on! A suppression of the 1st amendment is scary shit! For our international monkeys, the only American news source that I've seen on TV is CNN. It's a full on anti Trump news channel, so you're only hearing one side if you watch. Not saying Fox is not bias, but one should be able to view both sides and come to their own conclusion on their own. Anyways, we'll all sit on the sideline and see where the chips fall.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The party of law and order. Seriously, fuck around with women, pay them off, find out. It's not any more complicated than that. If you think following the law is important, then you'd support this 100%.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
So, even after all of the shit upto and including indictment, Trump's odds for winning the 2024 election are sitting at about 3:1.

WTF?

You have politicians who are introducing bills or at minimum advocating for the destruction of vast swathes of social programs and when you point this out to their supporters all you get is Fake News and do your own research. Where said research seems to mean following some sycophant down a rabbit hole as opposed to looking up the actual minutes of and submissions to the various legislative bodies....

The problem seems to exist of on the left as well, but not to the same degree ( or at least in the things I pay attention to ) How do you break the echo chambers in which both sides seem to live?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The problem seems to exist of on the left as well, but not to the same degree ( or at least in the things I pay attention to ) How do you break the echo chambers in which both sides seem to live?
every four years

Screenshot_20230331_145541_Gallery.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
because he's been a con man his entire life. some of us already had that figured out.
Exactly. Shouldn’t piece of shit, corrupt scumbags who have committed a lifetime of not just crimes, but extremely sleazy behavior have ‘targets on their backs’?

I mean, its IS political to not want our country to turn into even more of a racist, dystopian wasteland of white-trash chest-pounding incompetence.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Will Trump surrender to the authorities or flee to Russia?
D2S: Hey it's your BFF, I'm being persecuted by the libs can I come over ?

Putin: I've never heard of you, no I don't know any D2S.

D2S: But I sold my country out for you.

Putin: ............................................................................................................................................................................................

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The party of law and order. Seriously, fuck around with women, pay them off, find out. It's not any more complicated than that. If you think following the law is important, then you'd support this 100%.
Stormy's payoff is still technically a misdemeanor offense in which the statutes of limitations have run out. Talking about rule of law, then Clinton should have stepped down after cigargate, right? They apparently have other dirt on him, so we'll see. Kind of odd they are going after this one first. Bragg ran on going after Trump if he became AG, so now he's making good on his promise. At the end of the day, it's all to keep Trump from running in 24', 100% political, nothing else.

The left screamed Russian collusion for years, but ended up be false and couldn't come up with any proof. The left went after his taxes, finally got them and nothing because it was all legit. Raided his place got documents, however Biden had some too and the left media said, meh. So you keep buying into what the far left anti Trump media keeps selling. If there is 100% proof of an actual crime, then he should be held accountable. Just funny how all the anti Trumpers seem to all immediately get into their full fledge circle jerk and have a festive ole time every time the media announces something, until it fizzles and the next one come out only to continue to the next spankfest.

Funny thing is, I can actually give a shit what happens. However, watching many on this site get all sideways and constantly bitch & moan and stay in a continual miserable state of existence is pure comic gold! It's like reading the Sunday morning comics back in the day.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Stormy's payoff is still technically a misdemeanor offense in which the statutes of limitations have run out. Talking about rule of law, then Clinton should have stepped down after cigargate, right? They apparently have other dirt on him, so we'll see. Kind of odd they are going after this one first. Bragg ran on going after Trump if he became AG, so now he's making good on his promise. At the end of the day, it's all to keep Trump from running in 24', 100% political, nothing else.

The left screamed Russian collusion for years, but ended up be false and couldn't come up with any proof. The left went after his taxes, finally got them and nothing because it was all legit. Raided his place got documents, however Biden had some too and the left media said, meh. So you keep buying into what the far left anti Trump media keeps selling. If there is 100% proof of an actual crime, then he should be held accountable. Just funny how all the anti Trumpers seem to all immediately get into their full fledge circle jerk and have a festive ole time every time the media announces something, until it fizzles and the next one come out only to continue to the next spankfest.

Funny thing is, I can actually give a shit what happens. However, watching many on this site get all sideways and constantly bitch & moan and stay in a continual miserable state of existence is pure comic gold! It's like reading the Sunday morning comics back in the day.
Brian's defensive gobbledygook is like hearing a mother that is in denial that her junkie, theiving son is a shit-weasel. Deep down, Brian knows he is putting up a comical show, but can't face the truth, as it would obliterate all of the bullshit he has bought into.
Why is it, Brian, that over 7,000,000,000 (that’s 7 BILLION) people see through Trump's bullshit, but only maybe 30,000,000 still buy it? The only allies Trump has are other corrupt shitweasels, too.
Can you name an honest person that still supports him?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Brian's defensive gobbledygook is like hearing a mother that is in denial that her junkie, theiving son is a shit-weasel. Deep down, Brian knows he is putting up a comical show, but can't face the truth, as it would obliterate all of the bullshit he has bought into.
Why is it, Brian, that over 7,000,000,000 people see through Trump's bullshit, but only maybe 30,000,000 million still buy it? The only allies Trump has are other corrupt shitweasels, too.

You think you know Brian, but you don't know Brian. I think it is unfair to assume that Brian has a modicum of self awareness.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The left screamed Russian collusion for years, but ended up be false and couldn't come up with any proof.
Brian, I try to engage you with an open mind. but there IS SO MUCH EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION WITH RUSSIANS its sickening. Nobody with an open mind could come to any other conclusion than they worked together to help Trump win the election. They met with them, they worked with them they exchanged campaign info with them. They fucking colluded with Russia.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Brian, I try to engage you with an open mind. but there IS SO MUCH EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION WITH RUSSIANS its sickening. Nobody with an open mind could come to any other conclusion than they worked together to help Trump win the election. They met with them, they worked with them they exchanged campaign info with them. They fucking colluded with Russia.
Yeah but what about Hunters laptop?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yup. Manafort - Deripaska.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Then why has there been no proof? Adam Schiff continually said he himself had absolute proof Trump colluded with Russia on national TV on a continual basis. Ok, fine, where is it? Everyone is still waiting! They tried to impeach him for it, but came up with nothing. Do you have the evidence? There is more evidence Hillary was behind it from an email/text chain. The left and left media continually pushed it, but showed nothing, no emails, no records of travel to Russia etc. But they still have you hook, line & sinker to believe it. The left is in denial about Hunters laptop yet there is tons of info as well as bank records on it, but yet its pushed off to the side and ignored by the left media.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Why is it, Brian, that over 7,000,000,000 (that’s 7 BILLION) people see through Trump's bullshit, but only maybe 30,000,000 still buy it? The only allies Trump has are other corrupt shitweasels, too.
Yep, Me! I liked Trump because of his policies. Tuned out what he tweeted/said. My retirement was flourishing, cost of living was reasonable i.e. gas & food. Made it easier to support putting my kid through college. During the current administration had 2 kids in college, lost $$$$$ on retirement, not that it makes a difference, not dipping into it yet. But paying for food, gas, travel is all through the roof. Yep, my life was better under Trump than Biden. I'll take the mean tweets over what's happening now any day!