Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Was thinking about this yesterday. Two Scoops says he can pardon himself. You need to be convicted before you are pardoned. If he is convicted he would be removed from office. If he is removed from office he loses the ability to pardon people, including himself. Right?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Was Nixon convicted before he was pardoned? He was charged in the House but the Senate hadn’t deliberated yet.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Pretty sure that's not true. You can be pardoned for "alleged crimes". Not the same as being pardoned for a conviction only. I'm on a phone, so Im not taking the time to find a source, so I might be wrong about that.
More speculation: I *think* that you have to accept guilt to even be considered for a pardon. So if he pardons himself, all else being equal, he is admitting guilt.

I think.

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cohen prepares to flip.

You know a guy as shady as he is has ZERO loyalty when his ass is on the line.
possibly related:

In a letter to the presiding judge in the case against Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's long-time personal attorney, the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York revealed today that it had obtained additional evidence for review—including a trove of messages and call logs from WhatsApp and Signal on one of two BlackBerry phones belonging to Cohen. The messages and call logs together constitute 731 pages of potential evidence. The FBI also recovered 16 pages of documents that had been shredded, but it has not yet been able to complete the extraction of data from the second phone.
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/06/fbi-recovered-hundreds-of-encrypted-messages-from-michael-cohens-phone/

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rats are jumping ship. Even stout Republican operatives are going Independent and aligning Democrat in revolt of the newly created "Party of Trump"

http://madison365.com/top-gop-operative-renounces-party-aligns-with-dems/

On a side note, I hate to say it, but this shit show has led me wanting to see my (very small) family dropping substantially. There are some resounding supporters of Trump and of my massive 10 person extended family, 6 are unquestionable with one more being muted. The latter being because he wants to see his grandkids... My mom has made comments that Cheeto is unhinged and I'm pretty sure quietly voting against supporting him. This fucker is literally ripping this country apart, family by family.

It is going to take generations to fix the damage he has created. Think about it, retirees expecting to rely on their kids who no longer want anything to do with them because of political beliefs. Or those who get financially slaughtered because they put it all on orange with their retirement investments and suddenly are broke and dependent on their kids. I know this is doom and gloom shit, but man... I don't see a positive outlook here. He's driving us down the road to Fascism and 30% of our population (mostly older) has bought in hook line and sinker.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It is going to take generations to fix the damage he has created. Think about it, retirees expecting to rely on their kids who no longer want anything to do with them because of political beliefs. Or those who get financially slaughtered because they put it all on orange with their retirement investments and suddenly are broke and dependent on their kids. I know this is doom and gloom shit, but man... I don't see a positive outlook here. He's driving us down the road to Fascism and 30% of our population (mostly older) has bought in hook line and sinker.
for anyone who threw their hat in with that lot and sees their life go down the shitter..... :nopity: