Quantcast

truvativ stylo

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Damn, stop trying to shave weight off your bike where it doesn't matter.

But I've heard they do work OK.

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
Bicyclist said:
Damn, stop trying to shave weight off your bike where it doesn't matter.

But I've heard they do work OK.

Haha, thanks. I'm shaving weight and making money so its a win/win situation for me. I have heavy/expensive components and I can get real good deals on lighter components, so it only makes sense. I figure with the Stylos if I have a strong bottom braket its gonna be kind of tough for me to actually break a crank.

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
I've used a set of the new style ones on my bmx bike all winter, indoor racing and I'm 210# no troubles at all. bb width might be a problem on a dh bike with the new style.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
i have a pair on my trials bike, and if they made the stylo in a 83mm BB I'd have them on my dh bike too... but they don't!

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
I see them all the time at work (bikeshop) when assembling bikes. They always tend to be on lower pricepoint bikes so I assumed they suck. Are they ISIS or what? I never bothered to look.

Also, as far as not breaking them, you are probably right. I've been beating the snot out of some old hussefelts and they work fine.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nope. You're not thinking of the right cranks. Stylos come on S-Works Enduros and such. They're an external BB crank.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
CKxx said:
I see them all the time at work (bikeshop) when assembling bikes. They always tend to be on lower pricepoint bikes so I assumed they suck. Are they ISIS or what? I never bothered to look.

Also, as far as not breaking them, you are probably right. I've been beating the snot out of some old hussefelts and they work fine.
how did you assemble the bike and not know what the cranks/bb were? makes me glad i never got a bike from that shop.