Quantcast

Trying to choose 1 of 3 bikes

Sep 17, 2006
Ok so I'm definately way past due on an upgrade from the bighit i've been riding for the past few years, and I've been able to narrow down my search for a new frame to three different bikes. I've had the opportunity to talk with the owners of each company and I've worked out an equally good deal for each of the frames, but I have no idea which is the bike for me.

Here are my options:
-last year's Rotec RL9
-Chumba F5 (might try it with a 8.75x2.75 shock. or not.)
-Zumbi F-44 (with possible custom geo, [HA and TT length])

I typically prefer my bike to be low and very slack, which is causing me to lean toward the zumbi (custom geo), but the other frames seem to me like they might be able to handle a little more abuse, especially when I decide to do a little freeriding. Also the F5 appears to have a lighter rear end, which sounds nice since I spend a fair amount of time in the air. But should that be a major concern for me if I do plan to spend the majority of my time racing?

So i guess what I'd like to hear is a little personal experience with each of the bikes, opinions, pros/cons, that kind of thing. Hopefully I'll be able to make up my mind before I find any more bikes :help: