Quantcast

Trying to get BB out...need Help.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I got a FSA ISis bb in my Turner DHR. I'm not sure what the dimentions are but I am trying to install a set of XTR cranks and bb. the BB tool I have won't reach the threads...like the spindle is too long and is preventing it from reaching. Any suggestions on how to take this bb out?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Is the problem the bottom bracket tool can't engage the bottom bracket cup's splines? If this is the case you will need to get ahold of one of these. FSA and Race Face make 'em. Probably other brands too. It's deeper so the spindle doesn't prevent the tool from reaching the cup. Hope this helps.

Rev.Chuck

Monkey
Apr 11, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Get the FSA socket, it has a very thin wall and is deep.
It also requires a 1/2" ratchet or an adaptor that lets you use an 8mm hex key

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by Dog Welder
I got a FSA ISis bb in my Turner DHR. I'm not sure what the dimentions are but I am trying to install a set of XTR cranks and bb. the BB tool I have won't reach the threads...like the spindle is too long and is preventing it from reaching. Any suggestions on how to take this bb out?
You just found out the hard way that ISIS bb's require 1mm (maybe it was 2mm) more clearance around the spindle! I was pissed when I found this out (also the hard way). I see it as the only chink in the ISIS armor.:D