Quantcast

TT Spoiler

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
They do race tomorrow, its usally just left for the sprinters to fight it out because the yellow jersey is secure by this stage most years,
thus tradition has turned it into more of a touring stage.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Floyd did it!! Just awesome. Never give up, it's not over 'til it's over!!!

If the time gap was closer, we would see them racing for GC tomorrow, especially because of the time bonuses. Anything is possible, and there is always a chance Floyd could have a mechanical or a crash. But even then, the group would probably wait for him out of respect and sportsmanship - particularly since Landis and Peirero are buddies.

And like Roll said, if you attack tomorrow you will probably be struck down by a lightning bolt - one thrown by the cycling gods!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
isn't tomorrow a flat stage? I think it's very difficult to attack on a flat stage which is why TTs and mt. stages are where the race is won.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
LordOpie said:
isn't tomorrow a flat stage? I think it's very difficult to attack on a flat stage which is why TTs and mt. stages are where the race is won.
Besides being de rigeur to attack on the ride into Paris, no matter how strong a rider is, no one could break away from the peleton on a flat stage. It is guaranteed at least 3 teams would chase down Sastre/Kloden or anyone else, and while Landis was able to be superhuman on a climbing stage, no one could hold off 20 guys taking turns at 35mph.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wow... that's unbelievable. Floyd is the man! The Frenchies must be pissed that Armstrong is finally gone and another American steps into his place ;)

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
binary visions said:
Wow... that's unbelievable. Floyd is the man! The Frenchies must be pissed that Armstrong is finally gone and another American steps into his place ;)
Well, surprisingly the day after Floyd's stage 17 ride L' Equipe's headline read "The ride of the Century." The frenchies aren't all bad :D

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
sanjuro said:
Besides being de rigeur to attack on the ride into Paris, no matter how strong a rider is, no one could break away from the peleton on a flat stage. It is guaranteed at least 3 teams would chase down Sastre/Kloden or anyone else, and while Landis was able to be superhuman on a climbing stage, no one could hold off 20 guys taking turns at 35mph.
Didn't Hinault do that once?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
Funny thing is you don't see (yet) the French press accusing Floyd of doping because a 'merican won thier race. Hmmmm.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
Funny thing is you don't see (yet) the French press accusing Floyd of doping because a 'merican won thier race. Hmmmm.
I don't think I'll wager any large sums of money on their ability to withhold doping accusations... but it would be nice if they did.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MtnbikeMike said:
Well, surprisingly the day after Floyd's stage 17 ride L' Equipe's headline read "The ride of the Century." The frenchies aren't all bad :D
but wasn't one of the motivating factors for Floyd a french newspaper headline of "Landis Out" (in english, mind you), after the stage he bonked?

hey floyd - :trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I just got back from a 65 miler. Spent probably half the time thinking about Floyd's awesome rides the other day and today. Inspirational stuff!! Very glad for him, let's just hope there are no problems or games tomorrow and that he too doesn't land in a doping investigation.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
his comeback was unreal...and i gotta say, that's the first time i've ever thought about someone doping.

and i'm surprised the media hasn't jumped on him yet for throwing a bottle at someone when the media swarmed him.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the Inbred said:
his comeback was unreal...and i gotta say, that's the first time i've ever thought about someone doping.

and i'm surprised the media hasn't jumped on him yet for throwing a bottle at someone when the media swarmed him.
I thought he threw a bottle at someone, awesome. But boy did he get swarmed and still looked like he was still pumped from riding. At least he didn't headbut anyone.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Lance came back from his illness and so to can Floyd come back. Because he believes he can.

Will the UCI ask for x-rays to make sure they don't make him bionic?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
narlus said:
but wasn't one of the motivating factors for Floyd a french newspaper headline of "Landis Out" (in english, mind you), after the stage he bonked?

hey floyd - :trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br
That was part of the plan :think:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Westy said:
I thought he threw a bottle at someone, awesome. But boy did he get swarmed and still looked like he was still pumped from riding. At least he didn't headbut anyone.

i thought that was the best part of the finish today!!