Quantcast

Tube tires on a tubeless rim...straight answer??

I've got a Cannondale Prophet with the stock Mavic Crossland's and I want to try some different tires but I'm leery about running tube tires on the wheels. I know that this has probably been covered ad nausaem but what problems have you run into running tube tires without the tubes? I want to run some Nevegal 2.35's and I'm wondering if I can get away with it using a sealant and running about 35psi on my stock wheels.

I know that search is my friend and I've looked but I see lots of opinions and not many folks who reply to these questions saying that they've done it themselves and it works or doesnt' work.

Thanks in and advance and try to keep the flames to a minimum please,
Mike

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
We have lots of customers out there doing just that, standard tire - tubeless rim with sealant. It may have a tendency to burp air pressure under heavy side loads and will not be as easy to inflate as tubeless tires on your rims. You could add a NoTubes standard rim strip and cover both issues for only 56g per wheel.

*I work for NoTubes*

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'd just like to say that I've been using NoTubes for a couple years now and have been extremely happy with it. If it were my choice, I'd probably get the rim strips to have that added security when using the tubed tires.

*And I do not work for NoTubes* :D