Quantcast

TubeLess Tire Leaks Air, what can I do??!!

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
After I got home from Snowshoe #2, my rear tire was entirely flat, and I dident get a flat at snowshoe. When I pumped up my tire, the air as leaking out from the beed of the tire ( air was coming out right at the rim where the tire meets it ) So what Can I do? Snowshoe #3 is coming up quick and I have school so any help will be HIGHLEY! appericated becuase I have no idea what to do

Thanks,

Austin

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Put some Stans in there and if you can see the hole on the inside of the tire put a normal tube patch over it.

Where it sounds like the hole is you might have to get a new tire.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
yup it sounds like you have the equivalent to a pinchflat tube puncture for tubeless! thats what happens it sucks, but it can be fixed.
Stans sealant won't seal those holes, you will be wasting your time with the sealant. take the tire off the rim, and put a patch over where the hole is. You'll be able to spot it on the inside, it look like a tiny little rip.
What I recently did on my tubeless tires with similar punctures was cut up a tube, roughen up the side I was going to stick down with sandpaper, then use the tubeless repair kit glue to glue the patch on. This works because I have been out several times on the tire that I have fixed. So don't despair! it can be fixed
anyway hope that makes sense....

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
nope.

Yes, all you have to due is pull the valve stem out of your rim. This will turn your tubeless rim into just a normal rim. It is crazy I know but it will work.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
regular tires work fine set up tubeless if you do it right. Just use stans or another kind of sealant. Put about a half cup in there and make sure you seal the bead up good. It works fine.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I still always keep a tube with me just in case, but I have only gotten a flat once on it in 3 years of riding hard and racing. And that was only because a rock tore through the sidewall completely.