Quantcast

tubeless ?

fishbait

Chimp
Jul 18, 2007
New York
OK i am running Maxxis DH Tubes which weigh around 423grms. By switching to there XC tire that weighs 95 grams I would save roughly 1.5 lbs(656grams). The question i have is how much would Stans weigh? I cant seem to find any info on the added weight with tape and goo? Just seeing if it is lighterto run XC tubes?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Water weighs roughly ~~ 1 fluid ounce = 1 ounce = 28 grams

Stans probably weighs a fraction more since it has some solids(latex?) in it, but it is close enough.

You have to use rim tape anyway with a tube so that is negligible.

dhpete93

Chimp
May 24, 2008
UK
I can't say this is that much of a reliable source, since I haven't yet tried to find out myself. But my co-worker (a self confessed weight weenie) says that he weighed the scoop that comes with the bottle, and then weighed the scoop full of Stans sealant. He claims the Stans sealant to be around 40g per scoop full (depending on your conception of 'full'). And Stans recommend you use 1.5 or 2 cups per tire for big tires.

So, going by my co-workers word, A Stans setup would be 60g-80g, and a Mavic valve weighs ~15g.

Remember, though. And XC tube isn't going to seal up after it is pierced, Stans in a tire will.