Quantcast

^Tues for the money^

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
True enough. To be honest I've been working as if it was already dead for quite sometime. When I was told "you really should apply" I was taken aback.
Just tell them that you would be interested in a manglement position but for family reasons Indiana is a no go.

Then say something stupid like happy wife happy life. Management loves that shit.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, ridemonkey.com friends. I wore shorts and a t-shirt for my early morning pre-work four mile run. I've got another run on the post-work schedule. The weatherfolk say not to expect too much snow until February. Glad we bought those Mount Snow season passes. :rolleyes:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Took the older kid to see 'a Christmas Story' on teh big screen last night at a cool venue - the Palace Theater, very ornate with gold trim everywhere. Love that they played old news reels & Looney Tunes before the movie. Kid rolled with laughter during the "Chinese Turkey" scene!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Roughly today, the sun sets a minute later...
Roughly today == next Tuesday? Edit:nevermind, my bad.

Morning! Overslept and got to the office 45 minutes later than usual, only to arrive into a middle of someone else's clusterfuck that dozens of people are trying to solve now.

Coffee is good, all is good.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

I am tired.

No lunch.

BUT, people must have started taking holiday time because the commute to work has been spectacular this week. Though, the freeway was closed this morning in the collector lanes. There was a transport truck facing the wrong way, which is never good.

Coffee for all!

Must, absolutely must my brakes swapped tonight. I'm craving a good ride.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It has been two months since I interviewed for a job in Seattle. I got a call two days later saying that they were going to get me an offer. Two months later I have seen nothing. Looks like I should start looking elsewhere.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

TGIFF. Still debating Indiana, leaning heavily towards "nope", though Im pretty sure it's career suicide.
probably....my dad moved from pennsylvania to texas to louisiana to virginia to tennessee for the same company....when they asked him to move to chicago and he refused he was retired early.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just tell them that you would be interested in a manglement position but for family reasons Indiana is a no go.

Then say something stupid like happy wife happy life. Management loves that shit.
True. Even though they don't give a shit about it, they love to hear that crap.

8" at the house and blowing sideways. Phone call from the school district woke me up at 5:30... WTF? :mad:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
True. Even though they don't give a shit about it, they love to hear that crap.

8" at the house and blowing sideways. Phone call from the school district woke me up at 5:30... WTF? :mad:
Probably 10" at the house. I'm downtown already, after a slalom course of rwd cars and a couple of city buses with bald tires.

FTS I should be skiing.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My commute in was surprisingly shitty. Definitely got more snow then was predicted. Probably not as much as you Denver folks, but damnit, its trying.

New all terrains on the jeep+snow = :weee:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Little monkeys first jazz concert tonight, but it sounds like she isn't in a bunch of the songs. She is trying to get into the orchestra so she can play her double bass rather than her electrical. Still cool though and I look forward to it. Today is also the only dry day for the next week. Supposed to have thunder/lightning tonight, should be interesting.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Drove to work. Last minute school closure. Drove back home to watch Haley. I get the Forester to run errands now. Traction control = off.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy happy! Not much new here. My walk to work was uneventful. Tonight I'm going to get me some Cherry Baltic Porter from Bend Brewing Company...seasonal release that I love.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Drove to work. Last minute school closure. Drove back home to watch Haley. I get the Forester to run errands now. Traction control = off.
Even with TC on, my Subaru will still happily go slideways. Now I kind of wish there was a bigass snow storm; these winter tires are useless on these warm days.

Then again, if it snows that means less biking.

MOAR POWA

:fie: