Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

7:20 and already the heat sensors for our projection lasers are hating life. It's going to be stupid hot today here in NC---they're looking at it hitting 100 today with all the humidity of a Roman sauna.

Took the dog to the vet yesterday.....I can tell that since Colin was born, I haven't been riding as much because the dog(my usual riding partner) has gained three pounds. Yikes.....we'll have to get you back on the trail more, big fella.

Not looking forward to the heat today....we've got a big project that requires me to be out on the yard a lot, so I'm pretty sure I'll resemble a wet dishrag by noon.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
It's Tuesday which is a ride day. And as Grey pointed out, its a bit hot around these parts. I'm already drinking water to try and get ahead of the game.... which most likely end up with me dehydrated on the side of the trail chewing on dirt for moisture.

Work's pretty busy and will be for the next two months because of year end for a lot of clients coming in September. I'm pretty much on top of everything as it stands right now but here in the next few weeks the surprises start happening.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Morning, last night was pretty much just hanging out with some friends. Today I think I'll go on a hike, followed by some ultimate frisbee, followed by who knows what.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. We had an exterminator come over last night to beat some yellowjackets into submission. Looks like it worked.

Not much on the slate for today. Maybe a road ride tonight if the rain holds off. Last night I registered me and Splat for a two man 24 hour race. :thumb:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
You guys registered for Great Glenn?

Found out yesterday that due to a man going down on their team, I will be doing that race, luckily on a 5 man team with DHRFX Joe. I hope I don't die.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
no ride yesterday, mowed the lawn then meet a friend at bombers...monday is wing night, I had the tequila wings, damn tastey!

ps: wah wah wah, its hot...suck it up princesses!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all!!! Had a nice day with Syd yesterday and now I am actively planning our trip to Boston. We're trying to figure out where to stay (hotels are expensive these days) and exactly what we'd like to do. So far: Boston Acquarium -- Sam Adams Brewery Tour/Tasting -- Franklin Zoo. That should be enough to amuse Syd and Sq-Earl ;)

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Morning all!!! Had a nice day with Syd yesterday and now I am actively planning our trip to Boston. We're trying to figure out where to stay (hotels are expensive these days) and exactly what we'd like to do. So far: Boston Acquarium -- Sam Adams Brewery Tour/Tasting -- Franklin Zoo. That should be enough to amuse Syd and Sq-Earl ;)

Don't forget boston common and quincy market to see the street performers.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
See if you can get to the Museum of Science too. That place is awesome.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning all, just sitting down to a cup of coffee.
Went clipless on the mtb yesterday, scoring a set of Oakley Radar Locks for a really good price helped that decision.

Frame should be in today, looking forward to that.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
if I was you, I'd have diner here

http://www.fire-ice.com/index.html

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning peeps. Short day for me. Leaving at 11:30 to head home and get the new cable line run at the house and the HDTV box set up with the new TV! :thumb: Other than that, tonight is Tues. so that means it's B Trifecta night!! Bike, burger, BEER!! :cheers: Looking forward to riding tonight. I've been feeling pretty strong (for me) on the MTB lately, and the combo or racing DH again and the capability of the Covert has inspired some newfound confidence in the woods. There are a couple 4-5'ers that I'm feeling I might tackle tonight. :rockout:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
We did the Duck tour last year, it was great.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

just packing and getting stuff ready for college today. i also need to straighten out some stuff with the bank account as i found my debit card that i got in the mail somewhere in my kitchen. which means my dad decided to open up my mail and he most likely lost the paper that has my pin on it. :mad: i also need to keep an eye on the pending transactions as i mailed a check off last wednesday to pay my speeding ticket, but nothing has come up yet.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Don't forget boston common and quincy market to see the street performers.
Definitely! It's in the plans!!!!

Polandspring88 said:
See if you can get to the Museum of Science too. That place is awesome
Yeah, I don't know how our 18month old daughter would do there though. We may save that for when she's a bit older.

douglas said:
if I was you, I'd have diner here

http://www.fire-ice.com/index.html
Sweet...looks like good place!

Snacks said:
We did the Duck tour last year, it was great.
Yeah, we looked at it, but it might be a little long for Syd so we might end up doing to swan boats instead.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
just be aware that the sam adams brewery is a bit away from boston (it's in jamaica plain)...Harpoon brewery is down in south boston, and you could grab some seafood @ the Barking Crab on the way back (or also check out the new Institute of Contemporary Art).

swan boats are a good bet.

if you get a sweet tooth craving, in the Park Plaza building there's a Ben & Jerry's, or if you want a much more sophisticated dessert, you definitely need to check out http://www.finaledesserts.com/...

2gunnz

Monkey
Feb 9, 2007
Ft. Lewis
Well I got to say my morning was soooo cool, well to me it was. I got to shoot a .50 cal machine gun, a M-249, and a .50 barrett sniper rifle. Good times right there :)