Quantcast

~@~Tuesday GMT~@~

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Quo Fan, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Quo Fan

Quo Fan don't make me kick your ass

Rep/Likes:
    38 / 36
    Morning monkeys!

Supposed to go rock the hood in Trumbull today. We'll see in about half an hour when I call the blaster.

Be safe out there.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dan-o

dan-o Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    130 / 773
    Hoping to get through the day unscathed until tonights trail ride.
    My 9yo caught a 32" striper yesterday so dinner last night kicked all kinds of ass.

3. ICEBALL585

ICEBALL585 Bacontard

Rep/Likes:
    82 / 678
    Morning.

It is Tuesday. Baby is still good. Work still sucks. Need moar coffee. Yup, that is all.

4. Sandwich

Sandwich Pig my fish!
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    68 / 829
    morning all. not much going on. got my finger on the trigger for a 650b upgrade. having trouble pressing "go" though...

i like bikes.

5. Jim Mac

Jim Mac MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN

Rep/Likes:
    32 / 281
    Sammich, just say NO!

6. douglas

douglas Chocolate Milk Doug

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    50 miles on the roadie last night, makes up for being lazy on Sunday - bonus was getting home to freshly made (by the wife) blueberry pies. Yes, pies, as in plural aka more then one! :thumb:

7. DirtyMike

DirtyMike Turbo Fluffer

Rep/Likes:
    59 / 706
    Dads Surgery for his Aortic artery aneurism is today. For most people it should be about three hours for the repair, for him it is rather risky with the condition of his heart. Basically the chance of him needing more than a laparoscopic procedure is hi, the chances of a bleed out are also hi. This becoming major surgery isnt too big of a deal other than money and time off work, its the bleed out possibility that worries his cardiac doctor, and me..... As it was put to me, his heart cannot handle a bleed out...............So that is what is on my mind today

8. eric strt6

eric strt6 Resident Curmudgeon

Rep/Likes:
    236 / 3,211
    having my morning coffee and celebrating that I have been sober now for 31 years....

9. Polandspring88

Polandspring88 Superman

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Mornin. Didn't do too much for my birthday last night. Worked out and messed around.

Goin golfin with a few co-workers tonight.

10. johnbryanpeters

Rep/Likes:
    244 / 2,671
    Grrr... refrigerator at camp stopped refrigerating, squirrel gnawed through cord suspending bird feeder for the nth time, time for steel cable (I know, fill in the blank, <> people's problems...).

11. Heidi

Heidi Der hund ist laut und braun

Rep/Likes:
    25 / 359
    That's a lot to have on your mind DirtyMike! Take care.

I rode yesterday in the sweltering heat, I love heat. I'll probably ride at lunch today. Not much new here.

12. eric strt6

eric strt6 Resident Curmudgeon

Rep/Likes:
    236 / 3,211
    check the coils in the back or underneath, I'll bet they are packed with dust, hair etc. clean then out and you might get the cold back

13. mudgirl

mudgirl Molester of monkeys

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 3
    New wheelset? For what bike? DO IT!!!! I'm really curious to see the new Giant Trance 29er when it comes out next month. I love my Anthem 29er, but I get a little toe overlap, being that it's a small frame. I wonder if the 29er will be able to be set up as a 650b? Might solve the toe overlap issue and still be able to have big wheels, and moar suspension, RAWR!!! I love the big wheels!!!

14. Sandwich

Sandwich Pig my fish!
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    68 / 829
    hahaha exactly the reason I'm moving away from 29ers. They roll moar good but the geometry gets wacky, especially somebody of your height. 650b wheels will fit on a niner but you lose the handling of the 26" bike. I picked up a C;dale rush for much less than a new bike, and since it has a really low BB, adding big wheels gives some clearance. You supposedly don't even have to reduce travel. I really think niners don't make sense for people under 5'9". There's nothing sillier than seeing somebody 5'2" on a 29er.

15. jimmydean

jimmydean The Official Meat of Ridemonkey

Rep/Likes:
    174 / 1,520
    Morning Monkeys.

Rode in, day 2 in a row and had a good sound track pumping through my head today resulting in my fastest time. Funny how the pace of the music in my head can change my pace.

Endomondo has the split mile times for my commute. I need to map those to the songs that were playing and see what song has the greatest impact on my time. My mile times are getting a lot closer. Mile 4 used to be my fastest mile, but not today.

16. Pesqueeb

Pesqueeb bicycle in airplane hangar

Rep/Likes:
    435 / 3,166
    :wave:

Went for a run, now its coffee, next shower. After that ???????

17. mudgirl

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 3
    Now you're telling me I look silly? :girlcray:

Oh well. :p

I really do like the rolling of the 29er. It's made me a much stronger ride. I broke the rear shock on my Anthem, so it's going to be in the shop for a few weeks, probably, so I've been riding my 26" C-dale RZ. I can crank on much bigger gears on it than I used to be able to. I definitely feel slower on it, though. Some obstacles are harder to go over, because the wheels don't just roll over them, but some obstacles are actually easier, b/c the BB on the C-dale is about an inch higher than on the Anthem. I just got a bash guard for the 29er and will be taking the big ring off it soon, though.

18. Sandwich

Sandwich Pig my fish!
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    68 / 829
    It's all diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. IIRC NYS trails are relatively smooth and flowy. My New England trails are a retarded series of switchbacks and rocks. Long chainstays just don't work out here, and most 4" travel niners have 17.5"+ chainstays. My 29er scott does really well out here but I'm a fatty and I like my suspension.

Plus I'm a tool and I like bikes...

19. mudgirl

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 3
    That is true, most of the trails here are quite smooth and flowy and well suited for blasting down with a 29er. Like a freight train. Look out, don't get in my way!!! One thing I've come to really appreciate about the RZ now is its maneuverability on some of the more technical trails.

20. Sandwich

Sandwich Pig my fish!
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    68 / 829
    well there ya go... You sure do seem to destroy some parts though, huh!

21. mudgirl

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 3
    I was JRA..... I can't help it if the sticks jump up into my derailleurs and eat themselves. I don't know what the deali-O is with my busting the fork & shock, though. Maybe I should stop using my XC rambler as a DH rig?? ;) I am actually wondering if I'm using it on rougher terrain than it's meant to be on, in all seriousness. It seems odd to break a fork & shock on a bike in just over a year.

22. BUFFALO

BUFFALO Vigorous Giver of Reputation

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    Good morning.
    Back at work from vacation. Ugh. No fun stories to report unfortunately. I'm sure Skibunny got you up to date on all of our "fun vacation" activities. It was a real drag.

But, we are going camping in a week and a half for her birthday! So hopefully that will be a little better of a vacation! Looking forward to it!

23. Sandwich

Sandwich Pig my fish!
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    68 / 829
    I don't think I've broken as much gear in 17 seasons of riding as you have last year. I think I've got like one and a half derailleurs and one "Fastrax" shock in 97...

24. DirtyMike

DirtyMike Turbo Fluffer

Rep/Likes:
    59 / 706
    Dad just got out of surgery, they had to do almost triple the amount of repair than they expected. Surprisingly everything still went well, the only ended up losing about half a pint total even with the extra time and repair done to the artery. About a five inch repair done, should feel a lot better now

25. stevew

stevew unique white person

Rep/Likes:
    249 / 2,352
    if there was a god he would strike dead all the people who bring their acoustic guitar to a concert....sit in the trunk/back of their car/suv... and expect anyone to be dazzled by their playing who passes by...

26. SkaredShtles

SkaredShtles I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!

Rep/Likes:
    253 / 2,008
    Nah - they were both Fox, right? :rofl:

27. mudgirl

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 3
    You're either psychic or have some personal experience with this. ;)