Quantcast

@#$%^Tuesday GMT^%$#@!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The skies are funny this morning; looking out my window at home, the sun was shining bright as hell with blue skies. Get into my car and pull out onto the main street and am faced with the biggest wall of pure black clouds.

Lets see how much crap we can cram in today at work.

So many little things to do outside of work, biking is a priority but damn if I don't do this other stuff something will give.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Back in the office after 10 days of roaming free. Looks like riding will be tough thanks to thunderstorms in the next couple of days. FTS. :mad:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Explored the east side of Kenosha Pass on the CT yesterday... It's fine trail but not spectacular. Good to do once for sure, but not worth it once the CT headed west melts out. Bike ride with a skinny girl this morning, and gonna nail down this BC trip this week if it kills me! Dang!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! This week I am being annoyed by Wells Fargo who is funding the purchase of a property I am invested in! It was supposed to close late May and since that time we have received a half dozen pay off confirmation requests so today I'm going to send them a daily amortization schedule for the month of June. Butholes.

Other than that my legs still need rest, I did an 8 minutes treadmill mile yesterday morning and it wasn't worth it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
working, lunching and hopefully riding again before the storms roll through later. trails should be perfect.

the last week or so has been surreal ... I need a mental health day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Need to schedule a roof inspection, A/C vent cleaning, and inspection of our heater as it started to fail at the end of winter. Just seeing $$ in my future.

Wifey's out of town until tomorrow night, so two more solo days with Haley. I've also given up on being able to do the Olympic off-road tri next weekend. Fitness isn't going to happen, so I'm getting a camping site to go out with Haley.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
has anyone ever brought their full riding pack as a carry-on? as long as the bladder is empty and there are no knives on my multi-tool, should be ok, right?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
has anyone ever brought their full riding pack as a carry-on? as long as the bladder is empty and there are no knives on my multi-tool, should be ok, right?
yes, and yes, but the multi-tool could be subjective to whoever screens your stuff.
I once flew with my pack and had to give up an old multi-tool, or go back and check the bag, while running late for my flight.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yes, and yes, but the multi-tool could be subjective to whoever screens your stuff.
I once flew with my pack and had to give up an old multi-tool, or go back and check the bag, while running late for my flight.
It's the screwdriver that gets you.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Getting tired of 50/50 weather patterns here - kid's track meet then BMX practice? Yes? No? leave work early to get said crap together? Yes? No?

Good bike tinkering time last night - put pegs on kid's street bike, changed gearing and ordered wider bars on his race bike, getting old racer together for his friend to ride, working on 2 year old's micro BMX...all the while neglecting my creaky trail bike...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Two crying kids this morning: Yuna from plain being sick, Mariko from inadvertently swallowing two Kix at once (she calls individual Kix "Kicks", btw) and then subsequently crying herself to the point of puking.

On the upside, I think I finally convinced my wife that no more kids is a good plan. Can't find the costs of vasectomy under my high deductible health plan online but that's why I have an HSA…

In other news I rode in to work for the second day running.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So apparently there have been a rash of break-ins in our area and Wifey wants a security system. Even more $$ in my near future. Anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking just getting a small safe and bolting it to the floor, then putting cameras (out of reach) at the major entry points into the house. Just hiding another PC for just recording that footage. Not keen on the idea of attaching myself to a never-ending, impossible to exit contract.

Any ideas?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I have a Simplisafe system. All wireless. $15/mo monitoring with no contract. I don't think we've even armed it since being in the new house.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Doesn't matter, totally worth it.
Consultation appointment made (not for the procedure), with the urology department chair, no less. He's booking out to August at this point.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
http://www.fedex.com/

So apparently there have been a rash of break-ins in our area and Wifey wants a security system. Even more $$ in my near future. Anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking just getting a small safe and bolting it to the floor, then putting cameras (out of reach) at the major entry points into the house. Just hiding another PC for just recording that footage. Not keen on the idea of attaching myself to a never-ending, impossible to exit contract.

Any ideas?
get another dog.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Any ideas?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Studies showed that placing security signs and window stickers does a lot to prevent attempted robberies. Having cameras only records you getting robbed, doesn't prevent it. Try placing a few ADT and 'proud NRA member' stickers at your front and back doors.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
On the upside, I think I finally convinced my wife that no more kids is a good plan. Can't find the costs of vasectomy under my high deductible health plan online but that's why I have an HSA…

In other news I rode in to work for the second day running.
Get the vasectomy, don't tell wifey, plead for more kids, profit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Studies showed that placing security signs and window stickers does a lot to prevent attempted robberies. Having cameras only records you getting robbed, doesn't prevent it. Try placing a few ADT and 'proud NRA member' stickers at your front and back doors.
We actually have stickers and the sensors on the windows from the prior owners, so upon quick view, we have security. We just don't actually have security.

I was debating putting a beware of dog sign on the sideyard gate. She's a sucker for attention, but if she doesn't know you, she's all Pit (visually at least).

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Also - own very little shit to steal. I think at this point we might lose a TV and maybe a couple bikes. There is pretty much nothing else worth actual $$ here. :D
Realistically, the valuable items in our house are all located in the garage. We have maybe $3k in computers, $1k in other electronics, $1k in jewelry (ex engagement/wedding rings), and $10k+ replacement cost of bikes. Plus spare car keys, so mucho $$.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So I just did a health screening at work...they take all my measurements and test my cholesterol and if I meet certain numbers they give me money, so since the bar is set pretty low because America is fat and unhealthy, I get $300 for a 10 minute screening.