Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
have you ever installed crown moulding? I'd rather staple my nuts to a table.
I haven't on a wall/ceiling joint, but I can only imagine the fuckery that ensues.

Closest I've come is installing it top of the cabinets I put in when I redid our laundry closet. But with that, per my dad's recommendation, I left it about 1" below the ceiling rather than try to go to the ceiling as I initially wanted to do. As with most things, he knew what he was talking about....

(I'm still really fucking happy with how this came out for an idiot like me)
4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I haven't on a wall/ceiling joint, but I can only imagine the fuckery that ensues.

Closest I've come is installing it top of the cabinets I put in when I redid our laundry closet. But with that, per my dad's recommendation, I left it about 1" below the ceiling rather than try to go to the ceiling as I initially wanted to do. As with most things, he knew what he was talking about....

(I'm still really fucking happy with how this came out for an idiot like me)
View attachment 153671
View attachment 153672
Looking good! The pain comes from untrue walls and ceilings and trying to figure out angles on a miter saw. If you can paint them then a massive amount of caulk will make things look ok. I wouldn't even consider doing harwood mouldings.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I"ve done an assembly of mouldings and o'gee to try to recreate some plaster mouldings found in my 1920s duplex.

100_0004.JPG
101_0137.JPG