Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Happy Tuesday all.

"Actually I’d think after thirty, forty-five seconds, something like that, I just got up and said okay, we’ll go..."
And with those words 79 years ago, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower sent thousands of young men hurtling into the sky and into the surf in order to free a continent from Fascist tyranny. Today we remember their sacrifices, and wonder-what have we learned?
(It blows my mind to think that my Father, an LST crewman on D Day, could be somewhere in the photo below. Thanks Dad...)
#perspective
#NeverForgetWhatTheyDid
#ThankYouVeterans
#whathavewelearned

NormandySupply_edit.jpg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy Tuesday all.

"Actually I’d think after thirty, forty-five seconds, something like that, I just got up and said okay, we’ll go..."
And with those words 79 years ago, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower sent thousands of young men hurtling into the sky and into the surf in order to free a continent from Fascist tyranny. Today we remember their sacrifices, and wonder-what have we learned?
(It blows my mind to think that my Father, an LST crewman on D Day, could be somewhere in the photo below. Thanks Dad...)
#perspective
#NeverForgetWhatTheyDid
#ThankYouVeterans
#whathavewelearned

View attachment 194824
thanks to your dad indeed. in part due to him, my grandparents home was liberated in that operation.
Not sure how long I should go without getting on a bicycle. :wave:
not long?!

forest fires are clouding the skies here, and the air is not great to breathe. yech.
Screenshot_20230606-083826.png

That's the sun behind all the haze

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, ridemonkey populace. I got a 25 mile road ride done early this morning. A slight overdress for 52 degrees, but I always prefer being a little warm to being a little cold. 'Twas a good ride.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Half day of class then the rest to be spent studying. They gave us our recommended study schedule and it's... burly. It's assuming 4-6hrs/day with one day per wknd off until the test. That will provide for Haley's practice and race sessions on the 18th and 24th (assuming she has a kart).

I'm getting more anxious about Haley's kart both being here and insurance covering it. The inspector is coming by today to look at the car and trailer, but still waiting to get out to the shop for the kart. If they don't... Man, I'm screwed because Wifey's gonna kill me for just pulling the trigger and buying a kart.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Happy Tuesday all.

#perspective
#NeverForgetWhatTheyDid
#ThankYouVeterans
#whathavewelearned

View attachment 194824
One of my grandmother's brothers was there. Never talked about it, I didn't learn he was in the war until after he passed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Tuesday all.

#perspective
#NeverForgetWhatTheyDid
#ThankYouVeterans
#whathavewelearned

View attachment 194824
I had the opportunity to visit Omaha and Juno as a teenager. I can't even begin to imagine that day or what went on.

Its one of those things that I'll never forget and can remember so much of, even though I went as a dumb young adult. Cameras and photos weren't needed, as it was burned into my brain.

Same with Vimy Ridge. Words can't describe it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I rode (a portion of) LotB with Mariko, my 10 year old. She finally fits properly on her 26" wheeled FS bike and did great.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Happy Tuesday all.

#perspective
#NeverForgetWhatTheyDid
#ThankYouVeterans
#whathavewelearned

View attachment 194824
The various amphibious landings in WW2 still blow my mind. D-day was obviously the biggest and most famous, but they were all absolutely rediculous feats to pull off. Show up to a heavily fortified beach some shitty plywood boats, spotty air cover, no solid way to direct fire from naval batteries and they just got after it. The land battles were wild, but something about a bunch of dudes in the ocean attacking dug in troops on the ground is next level.

Can't imagine what the world would look like had it not been for men like you Dad.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work life around getting meetings will be easier over the next 1.5mos. I just logged in to check my calendar for tomorrow and the stuff I sent out Friday entirely filled my calendar through eom July. A lot more show up and do vs. beat the drum for face time, which will be very helpful.

Back to the books again.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. I can't believe it's only Tuesday! I am Thursday tired....crap! Hoping I don't get called again this week for jury duty (federal so I have to call every Thursday to see if my number is up). Concerts done, working on inventory and finalizing the year for my department. Started to sketch out our Grand Canyon trip. Should be fun!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I swear my neighbors kids shitbox Mini gets louder every day. He's been working messed up hours at the Taco Bell and he feels he has to rev the shit out of it every time he gets in or out of it. Since we don't have DEQ in the sticks, he pulled the mufflers out and it's straight pipes. It sounds terrible.

#getoffmylawn

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good afternoon!!!! Busy busy busy. I’ve been wanting to start a pay it forward thread but I’m aweful lazy. I have a fox 36 that needs a new home. Came on my megatrail in 2018 I think. Put a lufkappe piston in it but it was just not to my liking so when I dumped it in the rocks and scratched the stancion I changed to a lyric. 180 travel. Free to a good home.
9C8002EC-AE9E-44F4-995E-7365E23B4108.jpeg
281D60AE-C34B-4541-B262-EE315A0B6418.jpeg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Nice, Tool is playing relatively close to me in October. Definitely gonna try and make that one.
i think i watched about 15 minutes of them opening for henry rollins in the early 90's....

enjoy.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Good afternoon!!!! Busy busy busy. I’ve been wanting to start a pay it forward thread but I’m aweful lazy. I have a fox 36 that needs a new home. Came on my megatrail in 2018 I think. Put a lufkappe piston in it but it was just not to my liking so when I dumped it in the rocks and scratched the stancion I changed to a lyric. 180 travel. Free to a good home. View attachment 194840View attachment 194839
That cool and all. But I’m still more impressed with the fact you had/have a Jacob’s ladder. :fancy:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
That cool and all. But I’m still more impressed with the fact you had/have a Jacob’s ladder. :fancy:
I took them out nearly 15 years ago. I did them myself, but used a numbing agent. Did my own nipples too. It was real fun in college. I told a funny story on here involving them and the TSA. That’s how I got my custom signature.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I swear my neighbors kids shitbox Mini gets louder every day. He's been working messed up hours at the Taco Bell and he feels he has to rev the shit out of it every time he gets in or out of it. Since we don't have DEQ in the sticks, he pulled the mufflers out and it's straight pipes. It sounds terrible.

#getoffmylawn
Would suck for him if someone threw a bunch of washers down the exhaust. The rattling would be terrible.