Quantcast

TUESDAY Shuttle action

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Well I've been waiting for a post like this for the last week I've been in Ga. Heading south tomorrow to hit Kona Skatepark on the way home. Maybe next time.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Any reports of the snow levels up that way? I ask because there's still plenty at comparable elevations in the asheville area and the grandfather region got hammered.

Either way sounds fun.

Jan 12, 2009
My friends and I are heading to Pisgah on tuesday as well! Give me a call on my cell 336-414-7909, on tuesday and we can get a big group together! My friends dad is gonna drive us and you can hang on to the car for a free ride

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
good luck getting anywhere near the goods around here. My driveway just became visible yesterday and it's been plowed.
Wilsons might be good though...If I recall Razz and Hive are both somewhat southern-facing? That seems to be the determining factor...around here anyway.

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
Boone still has around 5 inches on the ground. We were also hit with a pretty severe ice storm on Christmas day that took down a ton of trees and branches, I doubt Wilsons will be rideable.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
^yep...he's not lying...It's pretty snowed in here and we're supposed to get another 2-4'' of snow tonight-tomorrow here in the high country. We still have a foot on the ground at my place and like Steven said a good 5'' base around town. There's just as much if not more as you go out past banner elk towards the shuttle zone. I wish it would clear up but with temps in the teens at night and barely above freezing for the near future it doesn't look like the trails are going to be ridable, especially with the layer of ice on top of the snow/tons of fallen trees on the escarpment.

If you're looking for something to do in the next week or so, I recommend Skiing and getting outfitted with rentals and gear from me at Alpine Ski Center, or Tubing at Hawksnest with Trilliam and Steven.

Last edited:

OB1

Monkey
.....P.S. Since you mention it...where IS the best spot to take my fandamily to "play" in the snow tomorrow? Kids are 4, 10, and 15. Wide spread. So I just wanna take um to some big slopped field or something free. We have some equipment.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Unfortunately, our sledder-x course is not running at the moment, nor is it probably the best place for kids...there's probably something in the Linville area you could find to sled on. I don't know though, I say just check it out and look for somewhere that looks legit! There's snow everywhere up here.

OB1

Monkey
Never had to stop once on Hedley or Beehive for blowdowns. A few things fell onto the edge of the trails...but that's about it. Wait...there was part of a tree across the very top of Beehive. The flat area long before the DH. We had to move a couple trees from the shuttle road up to Beehive too. Really.....less blowdown than after a regular light windstorm. Trails were prime! Almost full speed. MUCH better, and faster than after a rain.:thumb:

Butch:yeah, that sucked. I was about to leave in the morning, and found my shoes under several inches of MUD outside! Used them for riding 110's the day before. more to the point...used them for standing up to my knees in mud to salvage my sons 50. grrrrrrrr

Last edited:

RastaRider

Chimp
Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC
We intentionally stuck to South or South East facing slopes. Anything North or West facing was still pretty packed in. I heard Razz was covered up in trees.