Quantcast

Tuesday

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning, off to a site visit with a building inspector and fire inspector.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It is indeed Tuesday.

Played tractor mechanic yesterday, replaced a torque motor, some hydraulic lines, and gave it some love. Tractor sat derelict for 5 years but fired up.

Wrestled getting the tires dismounted. After 15 years they were more or less welded to the rims. Off to the shop with those!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Fucking junkies...

Sucks even worse when it's a family member who can't get their shit together. My brother's back in jail, again. I can't even remember how many times this is for him now.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Ill take your word on the fact that it is tuesday.
It is indeed Tuesday.

Played tractor mechanic yesterday, replaced a torque motor, some hydraulic lines, and gave it some love. Tractor sat derelict for 5 years but fired up.

Wrestled getting the tires dismounted. After 15 years they were more or less welded to the rims. Off to the shop with those!
I too got roped into someone else's bullshit yesterday. Giant lawnmower runs again, going back to finish up the sprinklers here in a bit. How come no sprinkler job can *ever* be completed without at least 3 trips to the hardware store?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I am lucky I don't have either. In other news, my job situation is getting interesting, apparently I joined the company during a major pivot and I won't be doing what I do now two weeks from now. If and what job I have is yet to be seen.
Just in time for summer.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Ordered the flooring yesterday and have yet to hear my 4 boxes are ready to pick up. I didn't think my order was that complicated.

I am new to shopping at Lowe's. I have been a Home Depot guy since Katrina. But such is life.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning Monkeys.

Ordered the flooring yesterday and have yet to hear my 4 boxes are ready to pick up. I didn't think my order was that complicated.

I am new to shopping at Lowe's. I have been a Home Depot guy since Katrina. But such is life.
Every time I'm forced to shop at Lowes I remember why I loathe that place. Employees run away from you, lines for returns are like 8 deep with one poor bastard running the register, and just a generally infuriating shopping experience.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
GC's dad died so he's gone dark on us (was sick last 2 weeks and went mostly dark then). His electrician/carpenter is also his brother, so he's also out. Everything we're pending on is framing the fireplace surround so that the Durock and stone can be installed and two lights to be installed. His painter/mason and plumber/journeyman electrician/carpenter (framing mostly) are currently here finishing the last bits of drywall and knockdown, then are not allowed to do any work until next week once the GC gets back to town (mind he hasn't been here in 2 weeks).

We don't have a contract with him, just paying by the hour for when his guys are here. Making decision tonight as to fire GC and hire these guys independently (weekend work at 60% the rate), as they can get it done by EOW. Right now they are doing some work on baseboards as I don't have the ability to work on them until the weekend and we are paying them for independent work, as they were supposed to be not doing other work beyond the touch-up work (already done) and are using my tools entirely (mitre, nail gun, etc).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Every time I'm forced to shop at Lowes I remember why I loathe that place. Employees run away from you, lines for returns are like 8 deep with one poor bastard running the register, and just a generally infuriating shopping experience.
I ordered online for pickup. I've only been there 1 other time because they had 3/4" foam board for my floor.

We shall see how long this boycott lasts. :rofl:

My last Home Depot order was about 15 random connectors I didn't want to hunt for and it was together and in a locker for pickup in about 4 hours. I ordered 4 boxes of flooring that was listed as 100+ in stock yesterday morning. So not a good start.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
GC's dad died so he's gone dark on us (was sick last 2 weeks and went mostly dark then). His electrician/carpenter is also his brother, so he's also out. Everything we're pending on is framing the fireplace surround so that the Durock and stone can be installed and two lights to be installed. His painter/mason and plumber/journeyman electrician/carpenter (framing mostly) are currently here finishing the last bits of drywall and knockdown, then are not allowed to do any work until next week once the GC gets back to town (mind he hasn't been here in 2 weeks).

We don't have a contract with him, just paying by the hour for when his guys are here. Making decision tonight as to fire GC and hire these guys independently (weekend work at 60% the rate), as they can get it done by EOW. Right now they are doing some work on baseboards as I don't have the ability to work on them until the weekend and we are paying them for independent work, as they were supposed to be not doing other work beyond the touch-up work (already done) and are using my tools entirely (mitre, nail gun, etc).
just call your real estate agent and tell them its time to sell

:D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went in to work for a while; stopped to get some things for wifey's bday tomorrow on the way home. have to go to home depot to get a pocket joint jig...lowes didn't have one. i usually go to lowes just cause it's closer. honestly don't think there's a huge difference between them. maybe the lowes around here are better because charlotte is their hq?

leftover butter chicken over fresh rice + an ipa for the lunchtime win.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I once bought a snowblower from lowes- they sent the wrong one (last year's model) three times. I eventually got them to give me like $100 for the inconvenience, keeping the snowblower. When I showed up, the manager opened the register and gave me cash. LOL WTF

last week I spoke with termite bros and he said "sure, we can show up monday" I asked that he provide a quote first and by the time I got it and confirmed his employment we're three weeks out. Yeesh.

On that note, I never got a quote from roofer-bro, and when I followed up, he said he was no longer interested in the job. I called some other guys, and they estimate less than 50% for the same job. So, some win some loss.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Got some new threads as a gift to myself in the mail today. Going to go get it dirty in the woods.
1592328556176.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The only good thing about Lowes is their selection of plastic automotive fasteners.

Though even those bins are usually a shitshow. People obviously rifling through the little baggies and stealing one or two.