Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
At some point it's a question of, other than perhaps a couple of pounds (most of which come from my wallet), what benefit will I see from the new bike? It won't make me faster and it won't make me enjoy the ride any more. My current bike has taken care of me for almost a decade now and has done everything from DH to a 24 hour race. It's still pretty relevant and packs some significant sentimental value. Not sure any of that is something I can buy.
If you bought it once you can buy it again... @bikeindustrywins

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Went to lbs which is 6 blocks away to see what bikes would be on demo this weekend and found out demo day is cancelled due to getting more snow than predicted. Also found out they no longer carry Yeti and those bikes were demo bikes that sold the week the prices were cut. There were none in my size so no loss there.

I rode several bikes around the parking lot and discovered that mediums are too big for me so whatever I will get has to be ordered in. I tried a Giant Trance27.5, Stance 27.5 (MEH on the stance) Anthem 29er and a Stump Jumper 29er. It will take me time to get used to the larger wheels, the 29ers are not for me.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Busy day for me. Tonight I have an abbreviated wind ensemble rehearsal and then will proceed to play more Fallout 4 until my eyes bleed.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well look at you fancy boy! We need to see some pictures of the this Sprinter setup! I told the wife if we ever get a house with parking we are getting a Sprinter.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Well look at you fancy boy! We need to see some pictures of the this Sprinter setup! I told the wife if we ever get a house with parking we are getting a Sprinter.
Yeah I should take pictures. So far setup is made out of regular plywood. We have an upcoming road trip to test the setup before I make it all fancy with aluminum profiles and stuff.

Oh, and I had to dig an extra driveway to park it... :think:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I won't, at the moment I'm looking at small frames with 27.5 wheels. Very little selection locally but I am giving b the LBS a shot because... well I really don't know why. Maybe because it was snowing and I had time to kill.
Thank goodness. 29" wheels might be reasonable for some of the giants posting in here but there's nothing sillier looking than 29s on a size small. Pennyfarthing mode yo.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
blew chunks.....successfully blocked pooping myself at same time....

what a waste of bbq....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
2 hour post work ride with the wife, many different groups of elk trying to cross the road in front of us as we were doing 30mph+ on the downhills. Thankfully no roadkill of either species resulted.

More snow tomorrow :/

edit: gps track shows I hit 47mph, wasn't checking my speed at the time otherwise breaking 50mph is always fun.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
but, was it a RACING Acura???
It would become the Racing Acura only after I perform the much needed modifications. Currently looking at the JC Whitney catalog to get all my ducks in a row...

Me = Pissing away all my $. My Brother thinks I am stupid.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It would become the Racing Acura only after I perform the much needed modifications. Currently looking at the JC Whitney catalog to get all my ducks in a row...

Me = Pissing away all my $. My Brother thinks I am stupid.
Isn't that the minivan looking thing? Its already got 250HP, how much more HP can a 4 banger minivan put out? Did you mention to him that this minivan looking thing is a great grocery getter?

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Isn't that the minivan looking thing? Its already got 250HP, how much more HP can a 4 banger minivan put out? Did you mention to him that this minivan looking thing is a great grocery getter?

If I can leverage the CRV and get this. Lower miles, warranty, free service until 60K including tires... I guess it is a grocery getter. Wash my hands of the CRV and the Corrolla with one fell swoop.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
They are great DH bike carriers. Also, the SH-AWD torque vectoring makes them *super* fun. Also #2, it is the fastest accelerating Acura after the old NSX.

Also #3, this is not a minivan but a true small truck. The platform is based on some sold-in-japan-only small truck.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
They are great DH bike carriers. Also, the SH-AWD torque vectoring makes them *super* fun. Also #2, it is the fastest accelerating Acura after the old NSX.

Also #3, this is not a minivan but a true small truck. The platform is based on some sold-in-japan-only small truck.
A coworker of mine had one of those that he was super proud of, the best and fastest way to get a rise out of him was to call his car a minivan which I did by accident once... the other 999 times were intentional.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pulled something in my back from puking....need to find foam roller....felt like eyes were going topop out of head...