Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally got around to talking to a real estate agent. Good news, he thinks I can sell for a little more than I was hoping for which will give me the cash I will need to make a down payment on a place in Seattle. Seattle joint will likely cost 3 times what I am selling this place for. :blink:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Finally got around to talking to a real estate agent. Good news, he thinks I can sell for a little more than I was hoping for which will give me the cash I will need to make a down payment on a place in Seattle. Seattle joint will likely cost 3 times what I am selling this place for. :blink:
You must be looking at tiny places in Seattle then. Father in law bought a townhouse last year in Ballard. $400/sq ft. That's crazy talk.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
The tubes of the internet are clogged at work. TeamViewer still works, though, so I'm browsing via work computer -> TeamViewer to Hackintosh on other side of campus (apparently with different outgoing internet connection) -> Interwebs.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fuck.this.dog.
Apparently Layla was in the garage as well, but she just jumped into the hatch and sat next to Haley as all of this went down. Nicest dog on earth (ask Nick), but threaten her Haley? Meet the Pit.

Still not a perfect scenario, but better than solo child sitting there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You must be looking at tiny places in Seattle then. Father in law bought a townhouse last year in Ballard. $400/sq ft. That's crazy talk.
Sounds like a dump.

As much as I liked living in Ballard, getting in and out of that neighborhood was a nightmare, and that was before the Condo building explosion. The commute would be way too long. Will be looking into neighborhoods farther north with better I-5 access. Luckily this also means more affordable.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I hope you speak Korean or like living by old people then.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If things continue moving in the direction they are, being a pioneer of gentrification could be a shrewd move. Anyway, renting for the first year, looking to end up in Green Lake.

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Oh, I thought you meant Shoreline/Mountlake Terrace. Green Lake and up to about 105th is still Seattle proper, in my mind, rather than the endless extension of suburbs thereafter (Edmonds, etc.).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh, I thought you meant Shoreline/Mountlake Terrace. Green Lake and up to about 105th is still Seattle proper, in my mind, rather than the endless extension of suburbs thereafter (Edmonds, etc.).
Need to live with the commute for a year before I make a decision but if I can't ride my bike home from a night out, I think I'd just end up on Whidbey.

한국어 neighbors would be just fine with me.

Drove to Middlebury, visited LBS. My new shoes are not yet in.

Rode thirteen or so miles on TAM, 2,100' of climbing. Wildflowers in Battell Woods were impressive enough to rip one's eyeballs out. Did some trail work on the ride.

Got beer.

Went over to the camp and did a few of the annual opening up tasks.

Went home and did some maintenance on the tracer. Having finished that, laid down on my back on the ground and let sunshine ink in. Hard to move.

Rode a little on my own trails. Wildflowers not yet anything like those in Middlebury.

Now consuming beer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
한국어 neighbors would be just fine with me.

Drove to Middlebury, visited LBS. My new shoes are not yet in.

Rode thirteen or so miles on TAM, 2,100' of climbing. Wildflowers in Battell Woods were impressive enough to rip one's eyeballs out. Did some trail work on the ride.

Got beer.

Went over to the camp and did a few of the annual opening up tasks.

Went home and did some maintenance on the tracer. Having finished that, laid down on my back on the ground and let sunshine ink in. Hard to move.

Rode a little on my own trails. Wildflowers not yet anything like those in Middlebury.

Now consuming beer.

It is the old people that are the problem. They smell funny. Present company excluded, you just smell like a dirty mountainbiker.

I'll take the reek of kimchi over the stale scent of impending death.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ccdb waiting in the mail when i got home. total rebuild. can't wait to install after kids in bed. can't wait for fuckit friday even more.

for now, stouts and porters will have to suffice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Meat heads from a local bike shop race team came up behind me and all of them failed to get by me and had to wait on my slow climbing ass. Because of their general doucheyness I failed to yield to them a few more times. I had a 8mm wrench and tightened a crank arm for king douche.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
The Meat heads from a local bike shop race team came up behind me and all of them failed to get by me and had to wait on my slow climbing ass. Because of their general doucheyness I failed to yield to them a few more times. I had a 8mm wrench and tightened a crank arm for king douche.
im sure its the same clone pack of meatheads I always run into....that pack of dirt roadies should just come out of the closet and embrace their inner lance

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
im sure its the same clone pack of meatheads I always run into....that pack of dirt roadies should just come out of the closet and embrace their inner lance
I'm going to stick to Tryon for the rest of the year. West bay is cool but the people who ride there are dirt roadies. Dryer is the same.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
I'm going to stick to Tryon for the rest of the year. West bay is cool but the people who ride there are dirt roadies. Dryer is the same.
im 4 miles from dryer its hard not to go there when I can ride the bike down the auburn and be there in 15 min....might be doing a big project in Ithaca so ill be riding a lot of shindagen late summer

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The next time if one of them says anything, say " hey man I don't come into the shower to tell you how to shave your legs. Don't come into the woods and tell me how to ride a bike."

:thumb:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
One e13 tire installed. So far so good, went easily on a wide rim, bead got seated with little effort, it is holding air without any sealant at 40PSI. I like the profile and thread, it looks like a mix between G5 and Wild Rock'r 2.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode bikes in the woods with DirtyGirl and her dog, who of course wandered off and was found "hunting" in a creek.

A stick got jammed in my rear wheel hard enough to through me and bent a spoke. I9 Torch Trail, my dream wheels, 2.5 months old, unbelievable. I have the worst luck with rear wheels bolted to Spitfires.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
im 4 miles from dryer its hard not to go there when I can ride the bike down the auburn and be there in 15 min....might be doing a big project in Ithaca so ill be riding a lot of shindagen late summer
I treat Shindagin like Ellicotville. I go once a year. I tent camp and ride OCP almost every weekend.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
I treat Shindagin like Ellicotville. I go once a year. I tent camp and ride OCP almost every weekend.
Try parking at the bottom of Gannett hill at that little playground and do the 2 mile road climb it's worth all the effort trust me
when your ready to leave go up to the top by the telescope take the yellow to the purple to the red on to the road for a 45 mph decent to the car