Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
TWE is on my bucket list and thinking hard about paying a visit next fall. Is there already snow there? A co-worker went a few weeks ago and said it was hovering right round freezing at the top.
There was some snow up at the top last two weeks ago. Burro down was slick but so so so good. Word is shuttles are still going up to the top. It's a really amazing ride.

I just found next year's Rocky Mtn monkeyfest!
Moab :monkey:fest would be amazing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Annoyed to have not had a TWE run this year, still right up there as one of my favourite rides.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TWE is on my bucket list and thinking hard about paying a visit next fall. Is there already snow there? A co-worker went a few weeks ago and said it was hovering right round freezing at the top.
Pro-tip: ride TWE in mid-summer (start REALLY effin' early to beat most of the heat down low) and combine it with a high-country trip to the San Juans (they are quiet close to Moab). You will be treated to ZERO crowds in Moab... which is rare. And San Juan singletrack = heaven.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Currently at my parents house waiting for them to get back from their daily hour long walk. I saw some interesting political signs in north Idaho. They are really scared of muslims and gays this election.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
worked with crew + registrars + conservators to install many very large paintings today. the one we did yesterday was the winnar, tho. 9' high x 6' wide but weighing 1,066#. required a small forklift. good times. now, beers. also finishing up woodburning axes as prizes for top finishers in upcoming local road race.

in other news, 6yo got a week of bus suspension today. lil fucker. tempted to make him find his way home via city bus :D

heavy painting via forklift:

woodburned trophy hatchets:

Last edited: