Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
this statement makes me :(
You’re telling me! Last year it didn’t really rain, but we are pretty low—summit is at 6k, base at 3k—and it happens. 2015 we didn’t get hardly any snow—they pushed up dirt and rocks and slush from the lots so we could teach and keep the mountain open and it rained every time. That would as awful!

....found the answer to my skiiiiii jacket quessssstion!

DD33C3DB-0F52-48B9-B453-FA9F5B0A7193.jpeg

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
You’re telling me! Last year it didn’t really rain, but we are pretty low—summit is at 6k, base at 3k—and it happens. 2015 we didn’t get hardly any snow—they pushed up dirt and rocks and slush from the lots so we could teach and keep the mountain open and it rained every time. That would as awful!

....found the answer to my skiiiiii jacket quessssstion!

View attachment 126899
are you close to Baker?

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
are you close to Baker?
About 3.5 hours South. We make it up at least once every year, we have family a little closer to the Mountain. Baker is the shit!

Another question—what do you do when there are wasps (the dangly legged ones are wasps, right?) turning your siding into a wasp motel....? They are fighting the hummingbirds for their food I put out on top of the whole siding thing... those f^ckers got to go!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Another question—what do you do when there are wasps (the dangly legged ones are wasps, right?) turning your siding into a wasp motel....? They are fighting the hummingbirds for their food I put out on top of the whole siding thing... those f^ckers got to go!
mud wasps? or wood borers?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
@skibunny24 - maybe look into actual rain gear for your "hard shell" layer? In my experience, once the DWR finish goes on those Goretex jackets, it's a lost cause. If you can find an actual rain shell with lots of good venting, I'd bet it would deal with that wet shit quite a bit better.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
mud wasps? or wood borers?
Umm... What I see are a couple of these under the overhang (not my pic):

Plus they are working their way in and out of the siding all afternoon. I don't see any bees on ^^. In that mage search, also learned that I'm not sure I want to know what's going on under the siding....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Umm... What I see are a couple of these under the overhang (not my pic):

Plus they are working their way in and out of the siding all afternoon. I don't see any bees on ^^. In that mage search, also learned that I'm not sure I want to know what's going on under the siding....
Probably best for everyone just to burn your house down.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Ready to call it a day, but not sure I can just yet. Got my doc appointment moved to tomorrow morning and will hope for the best. I have had good luck with my chiropractor, but he isn't anywhere near work or home now, so it is sort of useless. I hope to find one closer, but I figured my usual doc can look and maybe get an MRI to see WTF is going on other than "just getting old". I found a nice set of exercises I started doing last night and will alternate with stretches. Maybe getting my core in order will at the very least help.

But other than that, meh. I'll be in the shed if anyone needs me.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Guerilla Gravity Megatrail (medium) is being shipped out to the SF Bay Area for @djjohnr and myself to ride.

I'm gonna be out at the Pivot demo at Jouquine Miller Park on Saturday if any bay area monkeys want to come check it out hit me up (@eric strt6 , @gemini2k , who else is in the bay?). The only thing I ask is that you help with the shipping cost that I’m paying. I’m thinking $15 a person but if you really can’t swing it just tell me. Also, it’s a strict you break it you buy it policy so…….. don’t fucking break it!

FYI the Megatrail runs a bit large (one of the reasons I’m interested in it) so it’s a perfect size for those of us normally stuck in no man’s land between M and L. The sizing chart recommends this bike for riders between 5’8 and 6’

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Guerilla Gravity Megatrail (medium) is being shipped out to the SF Bay Area for @djjohnr and myself to ride.

I'm gonna be out at the Pivot demo at Jouquine Miller Park on Saturday if any bay area monkeys want to come check it out hit me up (@eric strt6 , @gemini2k , who else is in the bay?). The only thing I ask is that you help with the shipping cost that I’m paying. I’m thinking $15 a person but if you really can’t swing it just tell me. Also, it’s a strict you break it you buy it policy so…….. don’t fucking break it!

FYI the Megatrail runs a bit large (one of the reasons I’m interested in it) so it’s a perfect size for those of us normally stuck in no man’s land between M and L. The sizing chart recommends this bike for riders between 5’8 and 6’
you might not be shipping that megatrail back once you ride it :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

I wish

Too bad I am working an EMT standby in east Livermore all weekend [0800 to 1600] but $500 cash is nice pocket money for just sitting around so there i will sit...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I cracked and decided to shell out of some cold/wet weather riding shoes. My list of excuses for wussing out just shrank a bit.

Been fighting a congested head and/or cough for just about a month now. Been through a round of antibiotics and still dealing with this shit. Seems to happen to me every year since kids.

A month!!! WTF?!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I found a nice set of exercises I started doing last night and will alternate with stretches. Maybe getting my core in order will at the very least help.
If you're having back pain and you're not foam rolling you dun fucked up. Smash the shit out of everything between your knees and shoulders (hip tightness from riding causes back issues) till it feels like mush.

I wish

Too bad I am working an EMT standby in east Livermore all weekend [0800 to 1600] but $500 cash is nice pocket money for just sitting around so there i will sit...
I'll have it by Thursday so Friday is a possibility if you're free.

PBHAS

Chimp
Oct 20, 2017
Maybe someone at the demo can explain why they use a pressfit BB on their alloy mach frames. :twitch:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Working on disassembling my buck. Damn there is a lot of meat to be cutting on my own. Gotta get done today though, another day out tomorrow.

Getting ready for doc appointment for shoulder soon. Not doing well

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If you're having back pain and you're not foam rolling you dun fucked up..
i had my back act up on me hiking in yosemite in 2015....rolled that shit out on the trail with a solid rubber ball i bought for such emergencies...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
actually, gas, patchouli, smoke and nag champa are my every day musk plus a little LUSH soap these days :rolleyes:
Once again another example of why I'm grateful the internet has no smell.

Although I must admit the above combination is not nearly as horrible as the stank of an Asheville Gutter Punk. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was a tiny hole in the Ozone just above Assville, despite the plethora of fashion conscious, tree hugging, environmentalists.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Once again another example of why I'm grateful the internet has no smell.

Although I must admit the above combination is not nearly as horrible as the stank of an Asheville Gutter Punk. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was a tiny hole in the Ozone just above Assville, despite the plethora of fashion conscious, tree hugging, environmentalists.
I now its fun to make fun of, but I actually smell great & many chicks have told me they love the way my beard smells. :D