Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
31* here this morning, Had the furnace on its lowest setting in the camper last night with all the sink cabinet doors open to keep the waterlines from freezing. Going to be wearing a down jacket at work for sure. Enjoying my coffee and scratching my doggies heads until I have to go wake up the short bus

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No coffee in the office, just Keurig Decaf. :butcher:
Let's see what kind of FTS I am going to be dealing with today. Snow's gone, mud season is here. :(

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Beautiful day on tap - 75 degrees and sunny. I picked the wrong year to be stuck in an office with no windows.

Y'all go out there and kick some ass today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good mornin!

A panhandler at the gas station last night said some very unpleasant things to me after I told her I didn't have anything to give her (which was true). I hate being propositioned like that, I rarely carry cash and always at least wish them good luck, but I guess well wishes wasn't what this woman was looking for...

Also, snowy clusterfuck today with multiple people unable to make it up the hills. Hope they can clear out the roads a bit before tonight's drive home.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good mornin!

A panhandler at the gas station last night said some very unpleasant things to me after I told her I didn't have anything to give her (which was true). I hate being propositioned like that, I rarely carry cash and always at least wish them good luck, but I guess well wishes wasn't what this woman was looking for...

Also, snowy clusterfuck today with multiple people unable to make it up the hills. Hope they can clear out the roads a bit before tonight's drive home.
Dicks will be dicks. You did your good gesture!

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Good mornin!

How dare you not share your Meth stash.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
cobra'ed

spent president's day looking at cars. it was actually enjoyable, except for the kia dealership
My friend, a former hardcore fan of Audi (incl. S4, A8) has the new Sportage and he is loving it - but he was really disappointed with some of the dealership experience. No Mass dealerships are worse than Volvo though, that is literal purgatory.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My friend, a former hardcore fan of Audi (incl. S4, A8) has the new Sportage and he is loving it - but he was really disappointed with some of the dealership experience. No Mass dealerships are worse than Volvo though, that is literal purgatory.
Yeah I really liked the stingey I drove. fast and supremely well equipped for the price, but the guy wanted all of my trade-ins info and delayed the drive in order to call the finance company...I thought I was clear I wasn't trading in. Then he disappeared to find the GM and came back with a monthly payment- no discussion of the price of the car or anything. I was kind of blown away, but I guess they deserve the rep they have.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
34°F here and pissing rain. Normal highs at this time of year are supposed to be around 26°F. This winter has sucked donkey's balls. It's going up to 48°F today and tomorrow with heavy rain. I know there's still a few more snow storms in my future, but I sent my shock off for a service in anticipation of an early riding season this year, since the snow has not had a chance to accumulate. Here's hoping.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
came back with a monthly payment
Did he try that "4 boxes" shit? :D

3F here in the east of Denver. Roads are pretty good, though--only saw one person struggling with the concept of static vs kinetic coefficient of friction. Lots of carcakes, though, because people are lazy.

Co-worker who should retire called in sick for a second day running.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Did he try that "4 boxes" shit? :D

3F here in the east of Denver. Roads are pretty good, though--only saw one person struggling with the concept of static vs kinetic coefficient of friction. Lots of carcakes, though, because people are lazy.

Co-worker who should retire called in sick for a second day running.
I wasn't aware of that, but it honestly was pretty close. I enjoyed the test drive and said so, and I was interested in what my trade was worth (already looked on KBB). I waited for the GM to come back, and the trade in was right in the ballpark of KBB, but he presented me with two numbers, $2500 down, my trade, and a monthly payment of 575, or a lease with 2500 down, my trade, 3y/30k, for 475/mo. No mention of price of the car, no mention of interest rates, etc. etc. The rav4 I bought the guy came right back with 3k off msrp, and 6500 for my trade. No negotiation necessary, that was a knockout deal. These guys were bums.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I wasn't aware of that, but it honestly was pretty close. I enjoyed the test drive and said so, and I was interested in what my trade was worth (already looked on KBB). I waited for the GM to come back, and the trade in was right in the ballpark of KBB, but he presented me with two numbers, $2500 down, my trade, and a monthly payment of 575, or a lease with 2500 down, my trade, 3y/30k, for 475/mo. No mention of price of the car, no mention of interest rates, etc. etc. The rav4 I bought the guy came right back with 3k off msrp, and 6500 for my trade. No negotiation necessary, that was a knockout deal. These guys were bums.
Yup, sounds like the 4 boxes. I had the same experience when I test drove a Genesis back when they first came out. The joke was on them, though, as at that time I had absolutely no intention of buying anything.

For those who are confused: https://consumerist.com/2007/03/30/dealerships-rip-you-off-with-the-four-square-heres-how-to-beat-it/

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yup, sounds like the 4 boxes. I had the same experience when I test drove a Genesis back when they first came out. The joke was on them, though, as at that time I had absolutely no intention of buying anything.

For those who are confused: https://consumerist.com/2007/03/30/dealerships-rip-you-off-with-the-four-square-heres-how-to-beat-it/

What did you think of the genesis? Was it a coupe or sedan? I drove the 3.8 sedan this weekend- really liked it but terrible MPG and performance was mediocre. If I'm getting dismal mileage, I want performance to make it worth it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
34°F here and pissing rain. Normal highs at this time of year are supposed to be around 26°F. This winter has sucked donkey's balls. It's going up to 48°F today and tomorrow with heavy rain. I know there's still a few more snow storms in my future, but I sent my shock off for a service in anticipation of an early riding season this year, since the snow has not had a chance to accumulate. Here's hoping.
Its been raining here since yesterday. There is some sort of rain fall alert for this area, probably to due with the rivers and whatnot.

But all I can think of is how epic of a snow storm this would have been. I'm kind of glad it isn't snowing...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What did you think of the genesis? Was it a coupe or sedan? I drove the 3.8 sedan this weekend- really liked it but terrible MPG and performance was mediocre. If I'm getting dismal mileage, I want performance to make it worth it.
1st gen 3.8 sedan. I thought it was like a Lexus LS replicated from photos alone--all fell apart at the touch points.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
focking cold, eh dere doncha know
So the drive home from da Boat yesterday was a cruise... until we hit the Evergreen exit. Total shitshow on the highway as well as all side roads. Pretty impressive snowfall rates as we crawled our way home (which included a detour through Red Rocks park to avoid Morrison) - and Eldora only gets 3"? WTF?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
So the drive home from da Boat yesterday was a cruise... until we hit the Evergreen exit. Total shitshow on the highway as well as all side roads. Pretty impressive snowfall rates as we crawled our way home (which included a detour through Red Rocks park to avoid Morrison) - and Eldora only gets 3"? WTF?
Yeah I was in Rollinsville and it was very light but by the time i got home to Jamestown it was dumping & we drove through a patch of nearly blue skies south of Ward on Peak to peak. very inconsistent weather

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone have any recommendations for a bike-mounted traffic cam? something like @Toshi has in his car(s)? I want something that'll record my commute, and I can erase when I get to my location if nothing's happened. Arguing with people is not productive. I found the only thing that is productive is calling the police to report an aggressive driver. I found they are usually willing to pay that person a visit, so long as I can identify the driver and the vehicle. They'll even put a note on the driver's file if its an egregious offense. I think If I have video, they might even be able to lay charges. I used to whip out my smart phone and take pictures, but given that it's winter and I'm wearing mitts, that's not really workable...

Last week I have an unpleasant interaction with an asshole driver that I reacted poorly to. I think if I had a camera, I wouldn't have reacted, and just sent the footage to the police, which is a much safer course of action. So I'm thinking of picking up a camera.

I'm not really a camera person, I kinda bums me out when people stop on rides to take pictures. I also think no one cares about my gopro footage. But... if I'm going to get an action cam, the household name is gopro... I watch Seth's bike hacks from time to time, and he seems to feel the older 4 is still the best model for mountain biking. But they're out of production I think... Any thoughts from the monkeys-gallery on cheap, easy to use, simple, sturdy action cams out there? I have a bunch of go-pro mounts already, for my bike lights...

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Anyone have any recommendations for a bike-mounted traffic cam? something like @Toshi has in his car(s)? I want something that'll record my commute, and I can erase when I get to my location if nothing's happened. Arguing with people is not productive. I found the only thing that is productive is calling the police to report an aggressive driver. I found they are usually willing to pay that person a visit, so long as I can identify the driver and the vehicle. They'll even put a note on the driver's file if its an egregious offense. I think If I have video, they might even be able to lay charges. I used to whip out my smart phone and take pictures, but given that it's winter and I'm wearing mitts, that's not really workable...

Last week I have an unpleasant interaction with an asshole driver that I reacted poorly to. I think if I had a camera, I wouldn't have reacted, and just sent the footage to the police, which is a much safer course of action. So I'm thinking of picking up a camera.

I'm not really a camera person, I kinda bums me out when people stop on rides to take pictures. I also think no one cares about my gopro footage. But... if I'm going to get an action cam, the household name is gopro... I watch Seth's bike hacks from time to time, and he seems to feel the older 4 is still the best model for mountain biking. But they're out of production I think... Any thoughts from the monkeys-gallery on cheap, easy to use, simple, sturdy action cams out there? I have a bunch of go-pro mounts already, for my bike lights...
go pro or a go pro clone from amazon. Put "action cam" or "action camera" into amazon and see what shows up :)