Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Bank just called, after telling me my expedition was covered, and telling me to go ahead and buy a new car, they now say no. They say all they can do is look at other assets and move money around but nothing is covered.

After being told everything was good and following their directions they are gonna try and screw me....... Now I wait for the head boss to call, and if they want to play....... Court it is

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bank just called, after telling me my expedition was covered, and telling me to go ahead and buy a new car, they now say no. They say all they can do is look at other assets and move money around but nothing is covered.

After being told everything was good and following their directions they are gonna try and screw me....... Now I wait for the head boss to call, and if they want to play....... Court it is
How much leverage you got man? You must have one hell of a debt/income ratio. Try another bank?

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Or..... and just stick with me on this one..... it could be that they built it in a desert?? Maybe??
Yes, but Phoenix gets hotter and hotter every year, but not due to "Global Warming" or just the desert. Phoenix is what's called a "Heat Island".
https://azbigmedia.com/phoenixs-urban-heat-island-hazard/ Tucson sit's about 1300 to 1500 feet higher then Phoenix, which is at about at 1,000'. Temps only change about 5.6 degrees with 1000' of elevation change, yet Phoenix can get 15 to 20 degrees hotter than Tucson during mid summer. This all due to the lay out and construction of Phoenix. It will happen to Tucson as well if we keep expanding and repeat mistakes made in Phoenix.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My Boss doesn't play fair. He knew that I did not want the OPS Manager job and have to fly a desk. So he offered me a 25% pay increase in addition to the 8% raise I got a few weeks ago...

shit

I am now the Operations Manager of Cabulance Comfort (paratransit) and Arcadia Ambulance (BLS Transport Ambulance) with over 30 employees and 15 vehicles to manage plus dealing with local government agencies..

I may regret this
:bonk::bonk::bonk:

or

:cheers::cheers:

we shall see

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My Boss doesn't play fair. He knew that I did not want the OPS Manager job and have to fly a desk. So he offered me a 25% pay increase in addition to the 8% raise I got a few weeks ago...

shit

I am now the Operations Manager of Cabulance Comfort (paratransit) and Arcadia Ambulance (BLS Transport Ambulance) with over 30 employees and 15 vehicles to manage plus dealing with local government agencies..

I may regret this

or

we shall see
You still gonna do the horsey gig? Time for a NEW BIKE

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
shitty stressful work day, dragged my slow old-ass up a local trail (Chimney) and back down at near dusk, day is less shitty and less stressful.

yay, bikes.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Disney was exhausting. Crowded as all get-out. We have another day scheduled on Thursday, thankfully shorter, as I'm presenting at the conference for which I'm ostensibly here tomorrow. After Thursday I'd be content to never return there again.

And I indeed hammered down the lease details, so finally shall be non-carless in a week or two. XC40 T5 R-Design with Pilot Assist and all the goodies. Lava colored carpet, too! (Too soon? :D)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My trainwreck project manager tried to schedule a bunch of meetings to our vendor in Detroit. She seems to think that business travel is a corporate funded vacation. I was not happy and let her know. She proceeded with the plan anyway. When the travel approval got to her manager he asked me if the trips were necessary. I said that I questioned the purpose, duration and frequency of the trips. Travel request denied.

I will never go to Detroit willingly.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My trainwreck project manager tried to schedule a bunch of meetings to our vendor in Detroit. She seems to think that business travel is a corporate funded vacation. I was not happy and let her know. She proceeded with the plan anyway. When the travel approval got to her manager he asked me if the trips were necessary. I said that I questioned the purpose, duration and frequency of the trips. Travel request denied.

I will never go to Detroit willingly.
She is gonna break in and stab you in your sleep.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm 34 and on my second car.
:stupid: I'm 43 and on my second
I forgot how much breaking in new climbing shoes absolutely sucks.
The very definition of 'white people problems' :D

On the other hand ... Awesome ride tonight with a group of 7 buddies. Perfect weather, mostly dry trails with just enough mud thrown in to keep us honest. Hit 4 of the better descents in the area. My vorsprung stuff is friggin fantastic. The harder I push the smoother it is. I do not have the talent to make the most out of this setup, that's for sure.
Made it to the parking lot just before darkness set in, had a beer in the lot, then hit the pub for another beer and curry chicken on French fries. :drool: shower and shed, and I'm ready for bed .

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

shit

I may regret this

or

we shall see
On the plus side, maybe it reduces the number of years until retirement?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Disney was exhausting. Crowded as all get-out. We have another day scheduled on Thursday, thankfully shorter, as I'm presenting at the conference for which I'm ostensibly here tomorrow. After Thursday I'd be content to never return there again.

And I indeed hammered down the lease details, so finally shall be non-carless in a week or two. XC40 T5 R-Design with Pilot Assist and all the goodies. Lava colored carpet, too! (Too soon? :D)

edit: Traditional lease or the "subscription"?

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

edit: Traditional lease or the "subscription"?
Traditional lease. Initial order was via the subscription but Volvo doesn't have their shit together on that program so I cut my losses and ran. (The Care by Volvo deposit was entirely refundable, which was a consideration when I signed up for it.)