Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Now if I could get rid of this mothereffing creak when pedaling, that would be fantastic. :banghead:
Randomn-unsolicited-advice: My Santa Cruz was creaking while pedaling and I tore the thing apart. Checked, cleaned, greased and tightened "everything": seatpost, seat, all pivots, BB, cassette, freehub body, yada, yada. After all that, the mother effer still creaked.

It was the rear axle. Light smear of grease and all is silent again...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Matt Woods (the guy leading the ride) is a buddy - a very talented, and very fast local, and super-nice dude! And @1:11 two of the three people standing there are my very good friends (MSM locals) what a small world.

I have to say the gopro is in full effect in that video caus' they make Maiboc look sooooo easy, but it's really steep and tricky. The lilly-pad they opted to skip @4:41 is where my buddy knocked himself out this weekend.

That can't have been filmed too long ago since the leaves are fully grown in. Not more than 3 weeks I'd say.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Randomn-unsolicited-advice: My Santa Cruz was creaking while pedaling and I tore the thing apart. Checked, cleaned, greased and tightened "everything": seatpost, seat, all pivots, BB, cassette, freehub body, yada, yada. After all that, the mother effer still creaked.

Lower link. Looks like the grease I use does not like heat, it liquified and exited all bearings I serviced no earlier than 3 weeks ago.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

That's funny. Girlfriends Bronson was making a god awful snapping sound while putting pressure on the pedals.

I thought it was something in the bottom bracket area, so started there. Side note; holy titty fuck are those sram dub cranks on there tight! But it ended up being the end piece that the rear axle screws into.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Matt Woods (the guy leading the ride) is a buddy - a very talented, and very fast local, and super-nice dude! And @1:11 two of the three people standing there are my very good friends (MSM locals) what a small world.

I have to say the gopro is in full effect in that video caus' they make Maiboc look sooooo easy, but it's really steep and tricky. The lilly-pad they opted to skip @4:41 is where my buddy knocked himself out this weekend.

That can't have been filmed too long ago since the leaves are fully grown in. Not more than 3 weeks I'd say.
Yeah I figured it was harder than it looks. Theres another video out there that shows the steepness and rough bits better.

Looks awesome though!

Trying to get a trip of some sort to the area going...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah I figured it was harder than it looks. Theres another video out there that shows the steepness and rough bits better.

Looks awesome though!

Let me know if/when you make it. I'd be happy to show you the good loops!

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
That's funny. Girlfriends Bronson was making a god awful snapping sound while putting pressure on the pedals.

I thought it was something in the bottom bracket area, so started there. Side note; holy titty fuck are those sram dub cranks on there tight! But it ended up being the end piece that the rear axle screws into.
Fwiw, mine is a Bronson as well...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Side note; holy titty fuck are those sram dub cranks on there tight!
I think I'd read on empty beer about DUB cranks being nigh on impossible to remove, people having to use breaker/cheater bars to get them off...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

Looks awesome though!

I'm suppose to get down there for the past few weeks, to ride and to look at the offgrid land. Just keep getting pushed back, because life.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wife took kids to see the MiL, so i did a little urban ride over to the local trail for a work session. ran the extended gas hedge trimmer for 2 straight hours cutting back growth. now it's beer and leftover indian food time. good stuff.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
wife took kids to see the MiL, so i did a little urban ride over to the local trail for a work session. ran the extended gas hedge trimmer for 2 straight hours cutting back growth. now it's beer and leftover indian food time. good stuff.
Sounds fun. What did you do today? :D