Quantcast

tuna-in-a-bag

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just had one of those Starkist tuna bags (post workout nutrition ;) ). It was tuna...nothing special. I did think it was saltier than canned tuna. That no-draining feature is KEY.

I would eat another tuna bag if I had one. :) I think I like the cans better though, because you get 50% more tuna for the same price. That's 37g protein in a can compared to 23g in the bag.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I LOVE THOSE THINGS. I take them backpacking every outing. The no drain thing is key, and it takes up very little space in your pack. Not having to lug along a stinky-ass can is also very nice. I swear, they made those for me personally.

Nothing like a quick protien fix.

They also make one that comes with condiments and such to make a regular tuna fish sandwich. I use a bagel cuz they're sturdy.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
I was at the store Sunday and specifically looked for the Tuna in a bag. :)

They had Chicken in a bag (or chicken salad?) too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Acadian

this thread made me hungry for tuna...so I just had a bag :)
Sweet! And I just had a protein bar. That puts me at about 170g protein for the day. I need 50-75g more. No problem. :)

Don't you find the bag tuna saltier than the canned stuff? Maybe it's just the brand. I normally eat Bumble Bee from a can.

Sista Kreep

Chimp
Jan 30, 2002
northeast
Yo, Baboon: definatly saltier than the canned stuff. It's handy for camping, but I can't use that stuff if I have access to cans!!

How the hell do you eat 170g of protein/day?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I try to get at least 170g on workout days and the day following a workout. It's simple:

Morning shake (right you are, Acadian :) ): 55g
Package of oatmeal: 5g
6oz chicken breast: 50g
Bag o' tuna: 23g
Protein bar: 30g
2 burgers: 50g
Bag of popcorn: 10g

Total = 223g for the day. Perfect! :D

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
I never heard of that stuff but sounds very nice for backpacking and touring. It's called Tuna in a bag? should be next to the cans right?

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Yup, look in the canned fish aisle.
Thanks Baboon, You are everywhere, I did not expect a answer than soon in this forum!

They might not have it yet in canada 'cause I never saw this package before.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
2 burgers: 50g
Dang, you eat two burgers three times per week? :eek: No wonder you want a "burly" trailbike. :D