Quantcast

Turds Day Thread

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
luck is holding, the storm hit last night and I have clear skies for the workday. Espresso then out the door at 4am to do an early am Dialysis transport. Good thing it that I am off work at 1pm so maybe I get it an afternoon road ride. No MTB as wet clay soil here is un-rideable

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I can only hope in my heart of hearts that today is, in fact, Turds Day. I haven’t moved anything solid since Tuesday morning and it’s quite unsettling.

#middleagedmonkey
#colonmonkey
#howsyouraspen
#iwasgonnabutgotbehindonmyschedule

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Enjoyed the spring garden this morning. Its fun to see how the plants are doing and how some of the plants are getting stronger after several years in the ground.

Then I gave the v-brakes on my commuter some service. The rear especially was bad as the cable had rusted inside the housing. Some oil made a big difference.

Btw had my first mtb ride of the year yesterday. Felt in good shape. Working out during the winter paid off.

Moving some stone from the old patio to the backyear and then maybe lighting a fire outside too just for fun.

Easter vacation is good time!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I still do cash transactions, especially at small local merchants so as to save them corporate fees.
It's the coins. I hate coins. In my pocket all heavy and shit, scratching up my phone, come flying out my pocket like Sonic when I fall down. A penny is literally fucking meaningless but if you throw it at the person who gave it to you all of the sudden it's "felony" and "three strikes."

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Yesterday I started the day feeling 99%, which plummeted precipitously throughout the day. I am now down with the sickness.

Which turned into sleeping from 11-2 in bed and 530-830 on the basement couch. Still feeling like ass, but working anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Up early to go through a project milestone review, after having to go through two lower levels of project reviews earlier this week. Which is to say I am already well vetted so today I will have to answer only stupid questions from high ranking individuals of which I have a habit or responding with mocking condescension.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey fam

catching up with a former co worker who is apparently also going through the suck. Seems like everybody who was laid off is also going through it. So, at least there's that. I'd rather do what I'm doing than still be looking or truly hate it.

Heading to DUNE 2: SANDY BOOGALOOO with woody tomorrow, so that's neat.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just spent 30min talking with our CMO. I got a lot of really good info about what I can do to help develop funding, but also a good forward path for her. Basically said that I need to get really good at networking and probably find her a benefactor. So yeah... That's gonna be tougher.

He knows her team owner and says that he is arguably one of the best coaches for developing young drivers in the country and has a record of spitting out elite drivers. So I think we're on a good track.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just spent 30min talking with our CMO. I got a lot of really good info about what I can do to help develop funding, but also a good forward path for her. Basically said that I need to get really good at networking and probably find her a benefactor. So yeah... That's gonna be tougher.

He knows her team owner and says that he is arguably one of the best coaches for developing young drivers in the country and has a record of spitting out elite drivers. So I think we're on a good track.
you want me to ask Jimmie Johnson for his thoughts?

/me, vaguely working from home. probably plant a bunch of hostas in the yard for wife after lunch. maybe work out with kiddo at the y later. need to figure out what the ride situation is tomorrow...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you want me to ask Jimmie Johnson for his thoughts?

/me, vaguely working from home. probably plant a bunch of hostas in the yard for wife after lunch. maybe work out with kiddo at the y later. need to figure out what the ride situation is tomorrow...
On a positive note, CO generates arguably some of the fastest drivers in the country. So if you can find funding, you can usually make it forward.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Well shit, I figured since Monday was a holiday that I would get paid today, but nope. Also 42 build errors that aren't mine from a late check in yesterday, so that's nice. I started at 6:15 this morning because I'm home, but this isn't going well so far, damn.

Then Google Memories goes "hey, remember all those times you had fun with your daughter who hates you?" Good times, Google, thanks.

Someone came to me for help with a spreadsheet last month. Macros were taking a day to run. Someone has created a whole FEA project in excel because it was easier than going through corporate software licensing and permission hoops. I laughed and laughed and laughed.
FEA design drives me nertz because it's often used to cut safety margins so close to zero as to cause unexpected failures.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
FEA design drives me nertz because it's often used to cut safety margins so close to zero as to cause unexpected failures.

Well it should be used to more accurately ensure you are meeting factor of safety requirements, at least that is how we use it. And those safety factors for me are dictated by Washington state law. People can still play games with the load cases in some circumstances to get answers that they want.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
~~~* :wave: *~~~

heading home from TX. I've been home 10 hours in the past 12 days. I need a break. Skiing this weekend.

Confirmed kidwoo is alive! Praise the FSM. He's been busy, but loves almost all of us very very much. :D

Off to find the best damn airport food this place has to offer.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
~~~* :wave: *~~~

heading home from TX. I've been home 10 hours in the past 12 days. I need a break. Skiing this weekend.

Confirmed kidwoo is alive! Praise the FSM. He's been busy, but loves almost all of us very very much. :D

Off to find the best damn airport food this place has to offer.
Yeah, well tell that whiny sledneck to come tell us his damn self !

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Somebody tried to buy stuff at a Mercedes dealership with my card so I've been using cash like some south pacific islander with seashells
y u no use another card
:wave:

Well, it's no colonoscopy, but I have a date with a CT tube so that someone can take pictures of my insides. Maybe I'll go ride a bike after.
sorry to disappoint but I shan’t be reading the pictures of your innards. as I’m on vacation. and because South is another group within UCHealth.
probably find her a benefactor
that benefactor is your paycheck
your daughter
I knew of the son. With the grandson. There is a daughter, too? Ah, the one who used to like riding ATVs?
Off to find the best damn airport food this place has to offer
was it authentico?!

/me is on a boat. Or was shortly after this photo. On it now

IMG_1739.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, didn't get the Private Client Services job. They were concerned about my Financial Planning knowledge/experience in their most common spheres. They want me for their Wealth Management team though, so I'm now interviewing for that team. It's damn near a lateral move, which is not anywhere on my goals list.

Now talking with my boss about some realistic paths still within our silo. It caused a big stir up food chain that I was suddenly on the 'leaving' list. Hopefully it was enough to get the right people to say "oh shit" and start reassessing, which it sounds like it was - especially given I've hit my eoy sales goals on the two most important metrics (profit generation based) before end of Q1. My FTS is pretty high today now though.