Quantcast

Turds Day Thread

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Typical spring weather here. Blindingly bright sun for 10 minutes, downpour for 10 minutes, fog, rinse repeat. Cold enough that I may need to start the wood-stove after lunch.

Trails are goop...Definitely riding figure eights in the shop tonight.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Well, I got a raise and a bonus this year. While the raise is not as much as I would have liked / feel like I deserve, it is more than what the company has historically done. And apparently the company has never given a bonus, so that's interesting. Anyways, despite a lower than hoped for salary increase, I am still quite happy in my role and I am still being compensated at the upper end of the range for my given profession and experience. I also got a title change to "Senior UX Designer" from just "UX Designer" so that's fun.

...but loves almost all of us very very much.
:rofl:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Well, I got a raise and a bonus this year. While the raise is not as much as I would have liked / feel like I deserve, it is more than what the company has historically done. And apparently the company has never given a bonus, so that's interesting. Anyways, despite a lower than hoped for salary increase, I am still quite happy in my role and I am still being compensated at the upper end of the range for my given profession and experience. I also got a title change to "Senior UX Designer" from just "UX Designer" so that's fun.

:rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I knew of the son. With the grandson. There is a daughter, too? Ah, the one who used to like riding ATVs?
Correct. Quad pics from 8 years ago were yesterday.

I actually have 3 total. My oldest isn't technically mine, but I raised him and claim him as my own. He also happens to be the only one currently speaking to me, so there is that. :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
On a positive note, CO generates arguably some of the fastest drivers in the country. So if you can find funding, you can usually make it forward.
i was being serious-i know him and his wife (who owns a local gallery and used to he on our board) and would be happy to ask for advice/thoughts re: young racer development...

also, glw internal promotions...

ride rock creek ride confirmed for tomorrow...fuckin stoked. i'll say hi to neko if i see him :twitch:

cheers @Full Trucker

glad to know @kidwoo is alive and kicking

detailed my car after lunch instead of planting hostas; soon will go for a walk w/wife and then take her to pt.

sunny and 70*...so nice.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i was being serious-i know him and his wife (who owns a local gallery and used to he on our board) and would be happy to ask for advice/thoughts re: young racer development...
RM blows my mind sometimes. I will need to loop back to you on the 15th. That will be after the CBS interview, her first real race in her new class, and the K1 National/World Championships. She'll potentially have a real "portfolio" together. That will give a better foundation for questions about driver development, because successful/competitive is very different than Billy at the end of the block. Also time for me to think about it, because that's somebody who ran the whole path. I need to think of questions ahead of time.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
~~~* :wave: *~~~

heading home from TX. I've been home 10 hours in the past 12 days. I need a break. Skiing this weekend.

Confirmed kidwoo is alive! Praise the FSM. He's been busy, but loves almost all of us very very much. :D

Off to find the best damn airport food this place has to offer.
Kidwoo loves us? Are you the PR person for the British Royal Family too?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Has been a busy couple days. Tis the season.
Was invited to a "local makers" art show thingy and some fancy ass old barn reception place. Haven't decided if I am going to go or not. But why not go show off my glistening wood. . .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, didn't get the Private Client Services job. They were concerned about my Financial Planning knowledge/experience in their most common spheres. They want me for their Wealth Management team though, so I'm now interviewing for that team. It's damn near a lateral move, which is not anywhere on my goals list.

Now talking with my boss about some realistic paths still within our silo. It caused a big stir up food chain that I was suddenly on the 'leaving' list. Hopefully it was enough to get the right people to say "oh shit" and start reassessing, which it sounds like it was - especially given I've hit my eoy sales goals on the two most important metrics (profit generation based) before end of Q1. My FTS is pretty high today now though.
Quit and be a full time race dad. I'll buy you your first can of skoal