Quantcast

Turdsday

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So, I burnished the bushings during my "morning thinking time". Air spring leg - tight as fcuk. Damper leg - quite loose. Hmmm. At least I can eliminate the bushing drag if the fork sucks after the upgrade.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So, understandably, our marriage is crumbling a little bit under the weight of grief. Not here to whine, but could use some advice. Any real thoughts on a good Valentines day offering that is not cheesy...more of a recognition of her as a partner more than a romantic gambit?
Bacon flavored lube?
You can cook, yes ?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So, understandably, our marriage is crumbling a little bit under the weight of grief. Not here to whine, but could use some advice. Any real thoughts on a good Valentines day offering that is not cheesy...more of a recognition of her as a partner more than a romantic gambit?
Bacon flavored lube?
Go walk that vicious dog together and hold her hand.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Trying to be like IAB and swimming a thousand laps.
Keep in mind a "lap" is once back and forth. Going from one end to the other is a "length." Don't call a length a lap because then I will look at you judgingly through squinty eyes. If you do 1000 yards, that is 20 laps, not 40 laps. God damn it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bacon flavored lube?
grief will diminish over time.... and don't be an asshole

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh, that's already on deck for tonight. But with the kiddo. I guess I am looking for suggestions besides flowers or chocolate. I brought her flowers and bisque on Sunday...
I'm a rookie compared to yall, but I've learned that its not about the over the top offering type of thing. The things that matter are doing something that she enjoys, are memorable and positive. Sometimes that can be a mystery, but when you get it right.. Sometimes it might not even involve the other partner.

I don't think there is a correct answer for this..

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Bacon flavored lube?
A night out or a night delivered can be pretty bangin, especially when the stress level is high. "Oh honey, I ordered your favorite from Zanzibar"

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Oh, that's already on deck for tonight. But with the kiddo. I guess I am looking for suggestions besides flowers or chocolate. I brought her flowers and bisque on Sunday...
Okay, find a sentimental photo of hers, get it printed at the drug store and buy a frame for it at Target and give it to her tonight. If you know her well enough you’ll choose the right pick and she will notice. Boom, profit !

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Okay, find a sentimental photo of hers, get it printed at the drug store and buy a frame for it at Target and give it to her tonight. If you know her well enough you’ll choose the right pick and she will notice. Boom, profit !
Missing opportunity for "buy another ring" from you :brows:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure giving her a framed dick pic is the answer tbh.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Being picky here, but also Turdsday ≠ Tuesday.

I keep thinking I missed something and that its Thursday. :panic:
Fernand Deligney:

"And what if the real – that by which we are real, elephants, but entirely without our knowledge – were not the terrible chaos that functions as a threat, a dread with respect to which the sonorous clankings of language evoke the only – eternal – salvation, what if language couldn’t care less about “us,” and not merely couldn’t care less, but worse, knew perfectly well how to keep everything that comes from nature on the other side of the threshold?"

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Keep in mind a "lap" is once back and forth. Going from one end to the other is a "length." Don't call a length a lap because then I will look at you judgingly through squinty eyes. If you do 1000 yards, that is 20 laps, not 40 laps. God damn it.
A lap is back and forth to me also. A set is 10.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They told us to organize some data for our 2023 business goals. I don't think management expects many of ours sales team to be data/analytically focused individuals. After some consolidation and removal of not applicable data, my team's "opportunity set" is very, very different than before. I'm still waiting to hear back about it, but the initial response wasn't positive. Nobody likes it when a flashlight is shined where they don't want it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
They told us to organize some data for our 2023 business goals. I don't think management expects many of ours sales team to be data/analytically focused individuals. After some consolidation and removal of not applicable data, my team's "opportunity set" is very, very different than before. I'm still waiting to hear back about it, but the initial response wasn't positive. Nobody likes it when a flashlight is shined where they don't want it.
Translation: because of losing a team member and your admin targets will be much lower?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Translation: because of losing a team member and your admin targets will be much lower?

I dunno. That’s not how it works around here. The remaining suckers, aka team members, are expected to pick up the slack. This is capitalism! Double digit growth every year or else!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
pondering parkway drive show tomorrow night. $100 tix is hard to stomach.

was possibly having jury duty tomorrow but called and did not have to go. also planning mtns ride for thurs. things be good, yo.