resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
avalanches on 395 in california....

Screenshot_20230316_042421_Instagram.jpg

At work. Long day. Not in a good mood.

:wave:

Finally feeling back to 92.5%.

Learned a riding budy I kinda lost contact with died. He even frequented RM 5+ years ago. It sucks.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was released for work storm duty yesterday without being called in from the bullpen, so I am back in the office this morning. I got here early and ran 10 miles on the treadmill, and am now sitting in my office and I can't stop sweating. Even so, I need to go find coffee. This place is dead. I can't see myself staying past noon if there is nobody else here.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Hi Everybody.
It’s pretty nice outside today.
Just got done listening to my wife rant about her stupid ass company she works for. Anyone looking for a medical sales rep with 17 years experience? She’s planning to take her max maternity leave and then tell them to get fucked.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Afternoon was spent listening to Commercial Radio while working on a sub par piece of Chinese machinery, then the workshop was a warm 102F when we got back.
Did get to rip a cylinder head off this morning, with how high coolant was shooting out of the radiator neck I assumed it would have had a cracked head, doesn't look that way so far, not even a cracked valve, I was sad.

Ed Shearan can get right fucked, why did he decide to make music? Torture!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Made an offer to a new research associate who I think is just playing the game to leverage a better offer from his first choice. We will see. These games are silly but I have a better understanding now.

Will have to head into work shortly to do things. I finally feel a little bit like I am caught up. We'll see if it lasts.

I think my TT frame shit from china is finally getting ready to ship. He sent a photo of all the stuff, he just needs to put it in a box and then it needs to get here.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My GTM thread got delete. I was sure I was there earlier. Mods sleep at the wheel?

Was about to but some nice used Dura Ace Di2 yesterday but sold - you snooze you loose.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Mom's birthday yesterday, parents came over with donuts and I grilled steaks. Not a bad way to usher in 70.

Not much to report other than that.

Hi Everybody.
It’s pretty nice outside today.
Just got done listening to my wife rant about her stupid ass company she works for. Anyone looking for a medical sales rep with 17 years experience? She’s planning to take her max maternity leave and then tell them to get fucked.
How's her French and/or German?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Mom's birthday yesterday, parents came over with donuts and I grilled steaks. Not a bad way to usher in 70.

Not much to report other than that.

How's her French and/or German?
Eh, she can ask for the important things in German but that’s about it. She’s been in the child birth world for the last 15 years. She’s hoping it stay in that realm.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Le coffee.

Le work.

Need to finish work a little early, so that I can swing over to the walkin clinic and get this mole thing on my dome checked out. They close at 5pm, so hopefully there aren't a ton of sick kids in there (its March break here).

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got out for a ride yesterday, super fun despite a slow speed crash caused by riding a feature too timidly. Today’s weather reminds me of a joke…

Why does Snoop Dogg carry an umbrella?

Fo’ drizzle.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi everyone :wave:
Back from work trip so I have some catching up to do. Flurries/drizzle here probably F'd trails so I will ski tomorrow or over the weekend.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
just got back from the physio. my knee injury may not be as bad as I'd anticipated... grade 2 injury on the MCL, grade 1 on the ACL, and nothing apparent on the meniscus. This means the ligaments should heal on their own. It might take a while, but as with all knee injuries, cycling is the best form of physio, so at least I have that going for me! "sorry honey, I have to go out for a ride. doctors orders!" :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Karting today. BIL is going to try and skip out on work midday to come race with Haley. We might skip out Saturday morning if he can't make it though.

Been talking about the Q7/GX460 with Wifey the last few days and had an epiphany. She really wants her backyard reno to have more social stuff at the house. One of the big reasons that we can't is because the deck to too hot to congregate on. I have 3d imaging for the deck with, and it was built designed for a substantial pergola on top. She also has been talking about getting a hot tub, since that will be a regular use item it will have far more value than a depreciating asset like a car. What we'd spend on a car down payment should cover both. That would be a nice addition to lifestyle vs. a shiny new car with a fancy badge. Discussions to continue.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Karting today. BIL is going to try and skip out on work midday to come race with Haley. We might skip out Saturday morning if he can't make it though.

Been talking about the Q7/GX460 with Wifey the last few days and had an epiphany. She really wants her backyard reno to have more social stuff at the house. One of the big reasons that we can't is because the deck to too hot to congregate on. I have 3d imaging for the deck with, and it was built designed for a substantial pergola on top. She also has been talking about getting a hot tub, since that will be a regular use item it will have far more value than a depreciating asset like a car. What we'd spend on a car down payment should cover both. That would be a nice addition to lifestyle vs. a shiny new car with a fancy badge. Discussions to continue.
That’s right. . . Change her mind with your hot deck. Have you sent her any deck pics?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

You should head back to Denver and head to the Western Complex with @Toshi this weekend for their hot tub show! See if you can get a 2fer deal.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Have you seen "Megadecks" on Discovery or HLN or whatever crap channel? They are out of Colorado. Just in case you wanted to spend like $250K on your "outdoor living space". :)

I had them come out to do a quote. Yeah. Things like pergolas, shade, blah blah all add up. And that's if you want to keep the same footprint. If you want to expand, add a hot tub, etc. = $$$$$$$$$$. A new car would def be cheaper :)

Deck & Patio Builder in Englewood, Louisville & Colorado Springs CO | Colorado Custom Decks & Mosaic Outdoor Living (coloradodecks.com)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have you seen "Megadecks" on Discovery or HLN or whatever crap channel? They are out of Colorado. Just in case you wanted to spend like $250K on your "outdoor living space". :)

I had them come out to do a quote. Yeah. Things like pergolas, shade, blah blah all add up. And that's if you want to keep the same footprint. If you want to expand, add a hot tub, etc. = $$$$$$$$$$. A new car would def be cheaper :)

Deck & Patio Builder in Englewood, Louisville & Colorado Springs CO | Colorado Custom Decks & Mosaic Outdoor Living (coloradodecks.com)
Our backyard is scorched earth, so shade will actually make the area usable more than just late-afternoon/evening. The hot tub would be on ground floor, so no adtl structural support needed - just a new concrete pad. We already have the giant deck. This would just be the completion of the final plan.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Our backyard is scorched earth, so shade will actually make the area usable more than just late-afternoon/evening. The hot tub would be on ground floor, so no adtl structural support needed - just a new concrete pad. We already have the giant deck. This would just be the completion of the final plan.
Sweet! Apres Bike/Ski at Stoney's then! Let us know how it goes

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
avalanches on 395 in california....

View attachment 190968

At work. Long day. Not in a good mood.

Finally feeling back to 92.5%.

Learned a riding budy I kinda lost contact with died. He even frequented RM 5+ years ago. It sucks.

Have you seen some of the wider shots? There's like 5 of them. That whole zone burned a few years ago and they did a bunch of bank grading and put in the hoop spring fences to catch debris flows. So all that steel is now sitting in the snow so they can't use a blower on it :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Have you seen some of the wider shots? There's like 5 of them. That whole zone burned a few years ago and they did a bunch of bank grading and put in the hoop spring fences to catch debris flows. So all that steel is now sitting in the snow so they can't use a blower on it :rofl:
yeah....that was a screen grab from a helicopter fly by....

lifts....not running

Screenshot_20230316_121912_Instagram.jpg