Quantcast

Turner DHR,some questions

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Hi,this is Sascha from Germany.
I would like to buy me a Turner Dhr 08 but i would like to have some questions answered first.
I´m not quite sure on the head angle and the bottom bracket height.
I like my bikes low and with a slack head angle.
Currently I´m riding a 07 Santa Cruz V10,but the head angle just doesn´t feel right.It is to steep.Also the BB-height is not exactly how I like it.

I´m planning to run Boxxer Teams and Maxxis 2,5 Tires on the Bike,so my question is how high is the bottom bracket on this setup and what is the head angle?
If anyone runs this (or maybe a quite similar setup,40s for example) it would be nice if you could measure those two settings and tell me.

I would also like to know from people who know both the V10 and the DHR a little comparison between the two bikes(especially on angles and BB-height).

Hope you understand what I´m trying to ask
and greetings from Germany,

Sascha

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
I just built up a 2008 DHR, and with a Boxxer WC with flat crowns and Maxxis 2.5s the bottom bracket is right at 14" but I might drop it a little bit lower. I'm not exactly sure what the head tube angle is, but I would guess its right around 65º. It is an absolutely amazing bike- rails corners like crazy, great in the air, reasonably light, awesome geometry, tracks well through the rough stuff and looks sexy. I would definitely recommend it.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Mine is a medium 08 w/boxxer wc and Maxxis 2,5". With this setup the BB is 14"
I was a bit skeptical at first as many other bikes have 13-something BB. The bike rails and the geometry is spot on. Best bike I've ever ridden. Go get one :)