Quantcast

Turner: Donatello, My hero in a halfshell

konarider98

Chimp
Mar 14, 2005
Newburyport Ma.
So i didn't get a new frame for the new season just changed mine a bit, build and color.

I cant wait for the US open and the rest of the season.

DHR med with Ti romic e13 cups and fsa orbit
Boxxer team with direct mount
juicy sevens with all Ti hardware 8 front 6 rear
Truvativ Noir cranks ,ceramic bb
spec mag pedals
SRS guide
36t blacksprie ring
SDG ifly and post
mavic d521 on ringles with dt dbl butts
spec xc low rise
single ply 2.5 minions
DA 12 23
PC-991
Sram XO and X9

excuse the cell phone pic, i was surprised with the outcome i had to take a pic....

I still have some weight reduction to be done so we will see.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Here is some proof for all you weight weenies that single plies don't cut it.....your back tire got a flat putting it on the rack....

konarider98

Chimp
Mar 14, 2005
Newburyport Ma.
Here is some proof for all you weight weenies that single plies don't cut it.....your back tire got a flat putting it on the rack....
They do cut.... the weight. ive never had problems with flatting when racing or dh riding. I'm 140 pounds and fairly smooth. but knock on wood.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Hey, smart weight weenies don't single ply, don't throw everyone in the boat... the only thing single ply at my place is the toilet paper.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
The green looks so photoshopped. Unless you bumped up the contrast super high. That is one intense green!

konarider98

Chimp
Mar 14, 2005
Newburyport Ma.
The pics are edited, wb,contrast,and sharpen. but the green is a fluorescent green, so it is very intense, even in person.

I will run single ply till i rip a sidewall, which i have never.:pirate2:

jimbones

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
I'm pissed. My Titus Supermoto even weights more (39lbs). :huh:
I should post the parts spec maybe you guy/gals could recommend component changes to bring the weight down.:lighten:

konarider98

Chimp
Mar 14, 2005
Newburyport Ma.
Im liking the D521's, good memories with them! :)
I love them, my first wheel build. they lasted through 8 races and 15+ full days on mountains last season. im running them this season til they break or i find sometihng lighter or free'er. they are still without a bend or hop!:banana:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Green and puprle match in some cases but now the bike looks kinda like a cheap turner immitation(Sry). Probably it's not the colour but the matt. Square tubes just like gloss.
Still some fine parts on it. Just doesn't really hit my aestetics.