Quantcast

TWIST DH trail Drop

ammarhio

Chimp
Jul 15, 2008
I took Twist for the first time this sunday and fell off a random 4 foot drop. I didnt have one of those "Warning technical Drop" signs before it, and I fell head first. They should put up a such sign to prevent further injury,

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Twist, being an advanced trail and branded as a black diamond, should not need a "Warning Technical Drop" sign for a 4' drop. Pay better attention next time.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I think you were on The Jack. Twist has no such drop.
If you take the right fork while riding twist, you will get to the point where twist meets the jack, which is immediately before the 4' drop to flat with the sketchy little skinny to the left of it.

But yeah, as others have said, you gotta pay attention. that drop doesn't come up on you so suddenly that you can't stop unless you were daydreaming for a second.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
This is scary, I agree with FoxRox, although the drop technically on the Jack(which I still call that Right Twist) I don't think can be rolled. The drop on regular twist(left) is much less of an impact and is before the ski trail...that may be roll-able although the one Ammarhio is talking about just across the ski trail I don't think is roll-able. Sorry for all the confusion, I always enter Twist and then either go left or right, I never use the trail name Jack but my Twist Right runs into the trail Jack I guess you could say...

PS, for Trail Crew... on The Jack where the rock slab is down towards the bottom, just before that is a tree that is hanging pretty low. I've scrapped my head a couple times, tried to move it but definately needs to be cut with a chainsaw. Thank you.

Last edited:

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
It's downhill. You are responsible for riding within your own ability, and that includes riding unfamiliar trails at a pace that allows you to stop and inspect features you may not be familiar with before riding them.

It's very common (not only at Diablo but at every other DH mountain I've ever ridden) to not put warning signs up at drops that small. The idea that the mountain is responsible for your own failure to inspect and ride the trail safely is one of the reasons that liability insurance is so expensive and public parks shy away from allowing freeride trail construction... be a part of the solution, not the problem, and accept responsibility for your own actions.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
nothing to do with this... but, there was a guy like 3 weeks ago that bent his rim.. and argued with diablo that they should have to pay for it because his wheel fell in a hole....

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
nothing to do with this... but, there was a guy like 3 weeks ago that bent his rim.. and argued with diablo that they should have to pay for it because his wheel fell in a hole....
"...I know I signed a waiver but if everything was flat and smooth here I wouldn't have bent my rim!!"

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Did people on here actually think that I said tha??? Haha, you dudes are hilarious. I put it in quotes because it was a joke. I wanted it to seem as if I was actually the guy who complained.

See? Jokes aren't as funny when you have to explain them.

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
Not sure if admitting this should be humiliating or not, but I "fogot" about the drop once (on the "jack"--which I don't think is 4ft tall, more like 3 ft, if that) and was able to actually roll it without crashing...Kinda...As I was already going over I pulled up as much as I could and tried to manual, and I kept rolling, rubber side down. It was a close one though :cheers:

This is scary, I agree with FoxRox, although the drop technically on the Jack(which I still call that Right Twist) I don't think can be rolled. The drop on regular twist(left) is much less of an impact and is before the ski trail...that may be roll-able although the one Ammarhio is talking about just across the ski trail I don't think is roll-able. Sorry for all the confusion, I always enter Twist and then either go left or right, I never use the trail name Jack but my Twist Right runs into the trail Jack I guess you could say...

PS, for Trail Crew... on The Jack where the rock slab is down towards the bottom, just before that is a tree that is hanging pretty low. I've scrapped my head a couple times, tried to move it but definately needs to be cut with a chainsaw. Thank you.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Did people on here actually think that I said tha??? Haha, you dudes are hilarious. I put it in quotes because it was a joke. I wanted it to seem as if I was actually the guy who complained.

See? Jokes aren't as funny when you have to explain them.
wait... i dont get it. must be my vernon edjamukation

GreenSGSPRo

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
the right side = sudden drop off u take the left side its a roller ive almost made that mistake before specialy haulin ass down it