Quantcast

Twist of Lime Please and Thank You

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Well i finally decided on my next bike. I had quite a few options in mind but one kept sticking out.

Kenn From EWR shipped out a brand new OWB29'er and I got it the next day. I just spent the past few hours putting it all together.

Nothing to Fancy.. Pretty much all XT, Minute absolute 29'er fork 100mm, crossmax wheels, Magura Loiuse BAT Carbon brakes.

I have been just able to ride the streets for a bit, but I came home with a huge smile on my face.

Tomorrow will be spent cutting down the fork, ajusting brake reach , seat height etc
Then Sunday will be the first time hitting the trails.. I cant wait.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Nice bike!

how tall are you and what size did ya get? I really, really want one but think the large would be a lil too small for me

chris

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I got to take the bike out today and ride some of my local trails. It felt great, It felt like an oversized BMX bike from when I was a kid. I'm a big guy and I couldn't detect any flex on it. Being that it was my first ride I had already told myself to take it easy and get used to the bike. It only took a few minutes to get comfortable on it. I was hitting jumps as usual with pure confidence. I like the bike a lot and it was worth every penny. Ithe hardest part of it was getting used to riding a Hardtail again.. I have been on full suspension for quite some time now. I now realize how much I missed it!!!

I bought a large frame and 110mm stem..
there is plenty of room, in fact I am probably going to a 90mm stem. I still need to cut the fork and get a longer seatpost.. My LBS only had 330mm in stock, but i think id prefer the 410mm. There was enough of the post in the frame but I figure the more the better.

I didnt want to end the ride today.. despite the 30 degrees weather

Nov 20, 2008
I guess that crossbeam to through the top tube to the top of the seat tube makes up for the bend, It's a really cool looking frame, and that's an awesome color.

btw there is a picture of your same bike on the front page of EWR

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
How heavy was the frame only?
The large frames should be around 6 lbs and the mediums about 5.7 lbs. So they aren't in the "light weight" category, but its easy to choose the right components to make the complete bike a nice weight.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I am thinking about the 26" model, love the idea of a 24 TT and a 25 SO.

5.7-6 pounds is good for a steel frame imho.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I haven't yet weighed mine but just lifting it it seems pretty light. When I get a chance .. and a scale i will weigh it

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i rode the 26 inch verson at the us open this year. the guys who own the company are really cool. i came SO close to pulling the trigger on the 26 inch. so close that I had the money in my hand ready to buy it.... then i got a bitchin deal on a 29er ss. Glad I got that instead. The next 29er frame will be the ewr.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I rode the 26 inch version and then the 29 later on.. the 29er felt better it felt like nothing would slow it down. At this point i dont even notice the wheel size anymore. Being 6'2" also helps with the sizing..