Quantcast

**> Two tees stay <**

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh yea, I also got a check in the mail from the Apple class action suit for throttling my old phone. $92. Now to go blow that unexpected windfall on something superfluous yet fun.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife is home dealing with unexpected water in the mechanical room. Not sure what the source is from my cursory look before I had to run out

run out to catch two trains. HRH day

IMG_0496.jpeg
IMG_0497.jpeg

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
"OHSA, is this okay?"

View attachment 206714

Every time I think about going back to the hangar, I see shit like this. We have dozens of ladders this tall, you know, without all the fuckery involved. :disgust1:
One of the building maintenance crew was cutting relief grooves into the sidewalk yesterday with zero protection and it looked like something was messed up with the guard on the saw. The saw was throwing a rooster of powdered concrete into his face the whole time and he was holding a cigarette in his mouth. So I says to him "Don't you worry about silicosis?" He looks at me with bleary hungover alcoholic eyes and says "Sillywhatis?"

Nevermind. Just let it happen.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello fronds

sick ay eff. Spent last night shivering then sweating. Now coughing which I think is a good sign in the sense that my body is clearing out the schmoo. Still, I feel like death. My son spiked a 103 fever last night. I hate seeing him sick, again. I have zero energy to do anything right now...my bike is effectively a brake hose, brake adapter, and shock hardware from being done.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
One of the building maintenance crew was cutting relief grooves into the sidewalk yesterday with zero protection and it looked like something was messed up with the guard on the saw. The saw was throwing a rooster of powdered concrete into his face the whole time and he was holding a cigarette in his mouth. So I says to him "Don't you worry about silicosis?" He looks at me with bleary hungover alcoholic eyes and says "Sillywhatis?"

Darwin says you should stop interfering.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

All hands in office today, ugh. We have 2 guys from our office in Germany visiting, so we have in office events all day today. Kill me nao.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

That's what the cigarette filter is for. To catch all the particulate. Saw away!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
"OHSA, is this okay?"

View attachment 206714

Every time I think about going back to the hangar, I see shit like this. We have dozens of ladders this tall, you know, without all the fuckery involved. :disgust1:
The funny thing is the correct ladder is literally leaning against the back wall, It would drive me nuts as well. I have a very hard time dealing with "slow" people

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The funny thing is the correct ladder is literally leaning against the back wall, It would drive me nuts as well. I have a very hard time dealing with "slow" people
That one can't be used, there is a little one blocking it, which is clearly an OSHA violation as it is a trip hazard. Why isn't there caution tape around that area?!

Our plant gets rid of stuff like this by simply not allowing step stools (except for the one hidden in the server room :brows: ).

I also find it funny how there is a multimillion dollar plane being held up off the ground by a piece of wood and a jackstand that looks like it came from harbor freight. :rofl:

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I also find it funny how there is a multimillion dollar plane being held up off the ground by a piece of wood and a jackstand that looks like it came from harbor freight. :rofl:
To be fair, the tail stand is mostly just to keep it from tipping backwards off the jacks when too many overweight nightshift mechanics get in the cargo pit, more than an actual support. If there is weight on it, things have already gone horribly awry. I've definitely seen the aftermath of one getting crushed when it didn't get removed before down jacking by people who clearly weren't following procedure.

Edit: more frustratingly, this isn't even the dumbest thing I've seen today, and it's not even lunch time. :banghead:

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
That one can't be used, there is a little blocking it, which is clearly an OSHA violation as it is a trip hazard. Why isn't there caution tape around that area?!

Our plant gets rid of stuff like this by simply not allowing step stools (except for the one hidden in the server room :brows: ).

When I was working as a general contractor back in the day I would just buy the right ladders, scaffolding and whatever could get me gigged by the state. I had a plumber who would be notorious for using the wrong ladder just because it was lightweight, I ran it over with the all-terrain forklift and bought him an actual platform ladder. The cost of the ladder would have been cheaper than the infraction. Drywallers would always bring in the most jenky ladders and horse shit scaffolding, would toss them in the dumpster and buy them a real scaffold set.

To be fair, the tail stand is mostly just to keep it from tipping backwards off the jacks when too many overweight nightshift mechanics get in the cargo pit, more than an actual support. If there is weight on it, things have already gone horribly awry. I've definitely seen the aftermath of one getting crushed when it didn't get removed before down jacking by people who clearly weren't following procedure.

Edit: more frustratingly, this isn't even the dumbest thing I've seen today, and it's not even lunch time. :banghead:
I use similar jack stands for working on thuper doodies when on a 2-post lift, a crew cab dually is similar in balance to an aircraft, just hard to find jack stands that are 6' + or taller

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

huh true, I didn't look closely and thought that was the front. But also had that voice of reasoning in my head saying thats a pretty small door for the wheel well.