Quantcast

Types of riding...List the ones you've heard of.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I am taliking about freeride, downhill, all mountain, aggressive xc................the list goes on. I sell and fix bikes for a living and hear all these categories tossed around like there is some definitive list and it just boggles my mind.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
on the pink bike list, it is drops to flat, drops to concrete, drops to uphill landings, and drops to uphill concrete landings, and drops that are exadurated(sp?) by 8-13 feet.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Double Plus Good Black Diamond is totally insane. They only do it in Russia. My friend saw people doing it on his last trip.

They also have hoverboards.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Craw said:
Double Plus Good Black Diamond is totally insane. They only do it in Russia. My friend saw people doing it on his last trip.

They also have hoverboards.
I heard they hoverboard were flexy when huck jib-gnared.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I was thinking more along the lines of various "accepted" forms of riding (Mountaincross, 4X, DJ, DH, FR Agressive XC, XC, All Mountain, "Trail Bike"....etc) ones used in the marketing of bikes. Although "Double Black Diamond Urban Gnar Jibber" may get used in the future, one never knows for sure.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
There's "cowgirl" and "reverse cowgirl", too, don't forget.

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
I cant believe no-body has mentioned Gnar-core urban downhill freeride tricycle super hucking. Its the next big thing, im telling you.
Here is one of the less gnar-core riders practicing his hucking skills:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
priceseliger14 said:
it is drops to flat, drops to concrete, drops to uphill landings, and drops to uphill concrete landings, and drops that are exadurated(sp?) by 8-13 feet.

cracking up, uphill landings :nuts:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Ga-narly-harley, jib-licking, dark diamond, fro-ride, huck to vertical concrete, my-beat-to-sh!t-bike-is-MINT-condition-because-I'm-a-poser-kid-from-Alberta-or-BC, delta force sideways flip onto my face and swallow my teeth....riding.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
What about like BMX flatland stuff, or how about trials riding. Those are 2 that are pretty well established I didn't see anybody mention. One I would like to see created is something along the lines of Unicycle urban assault, I think that would be pretty funny.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
GumbaFish said:
One I would like to see created is something along the lines of Unicycle urban assault, I think that would be pretty funny.
my friend acctually does this... he can grind and hop up on tables and he can do spins and jump stairs and such... its really cool actually

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Forgive me if I've repeated some, my reading skillz can be bad.

Aggro (we think aggressive biking) = pulling a plow in kansas with a bike
Trials (did anyone mention this?)
-Street Trials (Like urban, but never call it Jibing)
-UCI Trials (Trials with rules)
-Natty (Riding Trials on Natural terrain)
-Stock Trials
-Mod (the BMX looking trials bikes)
Oh-sh!t-the-cops-are-coming-haul-ass-urban
trick riding (hear it all the time, can figure out what category it would fit into)
Big-hit-trials (trials with a long travel bike)

...and please remember...
Townie
beach-cruiser
Beer-run-biking
Keg-run-biking
...which translates to...
Drunken biking (best seen with training wheels)

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
legend_killer said:
there's FR, DH, XC, AM

FR- huck bikes any type this includes hardtial street bikes
DH- name says it all
XC- name says it all
AM- trail bikes

JT
Those and dirt jumping, urban, trials and 4x. I think those are the main ones.