Quantcast

U.S. Open

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I am going and need to find help. I will need a ride from the airport, a shop to ship my bike to, and a place to stay while there. I'm planning on arriving the 25th of May late in the evening and return home early May 30th. I will be flying into Newark. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
i think the Newark airport is pretty close mtn creek. there may be transit available?? you might find a bike shop or ski shop at the mountain village area that you can ship your bike to??

just some ideas. that might make it easier to find someone to split a room with if you can take care of getting your bike and body to the mountain.

joel

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I'm 31, I run City Bicycle works in Sacramento, I am married and have two beautiful boys ages 3 and 5. I just started riding 4 years ago and just started racing last March. I ride for the Cannondale MTB Team and can't believe it, they are the best. I'm fast but never the fastest, I race well but I am human and have bad days. I do my best and hope for miracles but I know being a parent I will never go pro and I am o.k. with that. I hope to win at least one national title this year and retire from racing on top. I have a 34 in waist and I'm American.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Jimmy_Pop said:
i think the Newark airport is pretty close mtn creek. there may be transit available?? you might find a bike shop or ski shop at the mountain village area that you can ship your bike to??

just some ideas. that might make it easier to find someone to split a room with if you can take care of getting your bike and body to the mountain.

joel
Yeah Chase told me Newark was the airport to fly into and told me a couple of cheap hotels near but I like to get involved in life with new people so I am just putting it out there and looking for who comes my way. I am down to split hotel rooms but floors at local pads are better-beds are even better. By the way, we have a guest bedroom for this express purpose, any time some ones coming out our way Sac-tahoe-downieville- just pm me and you'll have room. Thanks.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Heath Sherratt said:
Ben, how was your Otter? You coming up for Downieville? or are you staying there the whole summer? It was good to see you, thanks for the kind words.
Well... Sea Otter was the best weekend of the year, as usual, but as far as my race run went, I actually was given a DNF. I'm not quite sure why, because I definitely stayed on course and crossed the finish line, but I didn't really care enough to question it. I was happy with the way my run felt, and that was all I really cared about.

As far as summer, it looks like I'm gonna be in Santa Barbara the whole time, with the possible exception of a few Northstar trips. I'd love to go to Downieville, but summer school, a job, and a lack of a car are gonna be some pretty big obstacles to work around. We'll see what I can do though. :oink:

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Heath Sherratt said:
I'm 31, I run City Bicycle works in Sacramento, I am married and have two beautiful boys ages 3 and 5. I just started riding 4 years ago and just started racing last March. I ride for the Cannondale MTB Team and can't believe it, they are the best. I'm fast but never the fastest, I race well but I am human and have bad days. I do my best and hope for miracles but I know being a parent I will never go pro and I am o.k. with that. I hope to win at least one national title this year and retire from racing on top. I have a 34 in waist and I'm American.
awesome! someone get the guy a ride and a place to stay!!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Yeah, Chase said he was right near it but I know it's wierd being well known and dealing with strangers, you never know when people are stalking you. Ben, Sea otter...me too...sucked but was awesome all at the same time. As for Northstar, of course you are staying with me and riding, I'm an hour and 20 away from there, you gotta stay.

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
www.diablofreeridepark.com they have hotel info there (i guess they're working on a base lodge but right now there's one open across the street which is suppost to be real nice (thats where im staying)) information on the bike shop at the bottom of the mountain is there to, just give them a call. I'd make reservations for the hotel soon might be out of luck on rooms. I havent rode Diablo yet but im going up opening day. If your coming all the way from Sacramento to ride it it must be awesome

rideagainst

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
CA
Heath Sherratt said:
I just got a room at the Days inn. Double bed, no roomie, looking for someone to split it with.
hey, are you the professional skater Heath Sheratt, or is the name just a coincidence?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
rideagainst said:
hey, are you the professional skater Heath Sheratt, or is the name just a coincidence?
Holy crap!

Yup, that's him alright. I saw a video of him once... 'twas kinda sweet. But only kinda. :)

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
So jacked. I just called to confirm my flight and they had booked me on the wrong one. So i asked them to book me on the right one and they said it was all sold out. Not to paying customers ($400) only to those with american "advantage" miles. What's the "ADVANTAGE"? Now I don't think I'll be able to afford it. :(

HearNOevil

Chimp
Aug 25, 2003
Nor- Cal
I wish I was going... that's too bad about the flight. Maybe it wasn't meant to be this year. Call and yell a bit, perhaps some crying too.