Quantcast

UBI experience

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
Hey everyone,

My buddy and I are going out to Ashland, OR in January for UBI. Our shop is sending us, so we're pretty stoked! I've heard a lot of great things about the school from past graduates, but I was just looking for more diverse feedback. We're taking the Professional Repair and Shop Operation course, and I was just wondering, for those who have taken it, if you believe that it significantly improved your mechanical ability. I have just under 4 years shop experience, but I still feel rough around the edges sometimes. I'm sure it will be a blast, but I also want to take something away from it. BTW, if you would bring one bike out there, what would it be? (XC, DH/FR, DH). It will be the middle of January, so I'm not even sure what the trails/terrain will be like that time of year (I'm coming alllllll the way from Maryland). I like the DJ/FR side of things the best, but I imagine the single track out there HAS to be epic. Anyway, your thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Bottoms up,

David
dbrinsfield@paxadventure.com

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
UBI will help to formalize your knowledge, but I have seen some weak mechanics pass the Professional course.