Quantcast

UCI to require points to race World Cup in 09

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
So I'm basically screwed unless I change citizenship?
don't think being canadian will help you any, their pro class is faster than ours for sure.

so really your basically screwed unless you get faster, which is sort of the point. 3rd place in jrx is a great result for sure, but if i'm looking at the correct result sheet your time would have been about 33rd in the pro class. But your a Jr so you still have plenty of time to step it up and collect some points in the elite class over the next few years. thee are very few jrs in the world who can make a world cup final.

Last edited:

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
don't think being canadian will help you any, their pro class is faster than ours for sure.

so really your basically screwed unless you get faster, which is sort of the point. 3rd place in jrx is a great result for sure, but if i'm looking at the correct result sheet your time would have been about 33rd in the pro class. But your a Jr so you still have plenty of time to step it up and collect some points in the elite class over the next few years. thee are very few jrs in the world who can make a world cup final.

Yeah this I know, I do need to get faster. But to my credit I was just taking a conservative run because I thought if I got 5th or better i could get 20 UCI points. :imstupid: Then I got pinned up against a tree in my run in the steep tree section and had to get uphill a bit and then push back off to go.
I'm not trying to get to a world cup as a junior because I think I'm the $hit and can win. I'm trying to make the junior worlds team next year and would like to get out of the country to race and get the whole culture shock part of the experience out of the way so i could focus on my racing come worlds time.
As someone who has raced a world cup before could you testify to the culture shock being an influence on how you do at your first world cup?

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Yeah this I know, I do need to get faster. But to my credit I was just taking a conservative run because I thought if I got 5th or better i could get 20 UCI points. :imstupid: Then I got pinned up against a tree in my run in the steep tree section and had to get uphill a bit and then push back off to go.
I'm not trying to get to a world cup as a junior because I think I'm the $hit and can win. I'm trying to make the junior worlds team next year and would like to get out of the country to race and get the whole culture shock part of the experience out of the way so i could focus on my racing come worlds time.
As someone who has raced a world cup before could you testify to the culture shock being an influence on how you do at your first world cup?
not culture shock so much as knowing that a majority of the field could run me off the track in practice at pretty much any moment. nothing like showing up to a race knowing you are in the slowest 50%. it's humbling to go flat out in qualifying to barely make it in and know that guys beat you by 25-30 seconds w/out pedaling.

good for you for wanting the experience, i wish usa cycling or some american teams worked harder to bring juniors onto the circuit. world cup races are intimidating and experience is a huge help.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Maybe I missed it, but has there been any update on UCI points races in the USA?
Are some East Coast or MSC races?
I think Sea Otter is but, I was looking for some races
that I won't have to race the best WC guys to get points?
Any Word yet?

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Maybe I missed it, but has there been any update on UCI points races in the USA?
Are some East Coast or MSC races?
I think Sea Otter is but, I was looking for some races
that I won't have to race the best WC guys to get points?
Any Word yet?
Angelfire MSC, Snowmass MSC will have Cat 3 UCI Points

Windham will all have Cat 1 UCI points

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I assume that Cat 3 points are just a watered down points scale?
Less points for the win etc. - Is that correct?

Also haven't seen it discussed much, but are points required for 4x
or is it like the old days? Just racing 4x alone requires a license only?

Thanks for the info Dylan! Hope you have been well!

Chuck

dondon

Monkey
I assume that Cat 3 points are just a watered down points scale?
Less points for the win etc. - Is that correct?

Also haven't seen it discussed much, but are points required for 4x
or is it like the old days? Just racing 4x alone requires a license only?

Thanks for the info Dylan! Hope you have been well!

Chuck
No points needed for 4x. Hopefully this will boost the sorely needed entry numbers.
for the DH check here:
http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTkzNg&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=34424&
Go to page 63.

Nat champs you need top 11 to get 20 points.
Class 1 you need top 5 for twenty points
Class 3 you need two wins (2x10 points)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
No points for 4X? So I can turn up and race the FW world cup 4x this year? Should be a laff! :D