Quantcast

UCI World Cup 4X Round 2 - RedBull DHi Race - Houffalize, Belgium

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
No one seems to car about the 4x in Houffalize this weekend. I've never been keen on 4x but bike racing is bike racing and seen as there aint much better to be doing at 8p.m. CET I'm goona sit down witha protein shack post Intervals and watch Graves snap everyone.

On top of all this there is a "DH" race in Houffalize today, Jill Kintner is saying there is €10k prize money up for grabs, bummed I'm missing it. 4x quali is tonight at 6pm CET I think, Live tomorrow night over on www.freecaster.com at 8pm

And incase some of you guys don't know the whole UCI World cup series is back on TV, with most DHi races LIVE,aswell as 4x, this is good times for DH, I thought it was just select races being covered for Eurosport 2, but it seems the whole series is up there. Sweet! check out www.dirtmag.co.uk for details.

www.eurosport.com

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
You are right, no one cares.

But I did see on Jill's site a quote that was funny "The DH guys are bummed they didnt come to this race"

Ya, because Lyon Avalanche is not fun
and the DH in belgium (polc riding hardtail) sounds fun...

???

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
You are right, no one cares.

But I did see on Jill's site a quote that was funny "The DH guys are bummed they didnt come to this race"

Ya, because Lyon Avalanche is not fun
and the DH in belgium (polc riding hardtail) sounds fun...

???
The DH in Houfallize does have a 10k prize purse though...not sure what kinda cash is up for grabs in Lyon, but in the past it was always only 350-500 for the win at an Avalanche Cup. Who knows, who cares...SWINE FLU!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
The DH in Houfallize does have a 10k prize purse though...not sure what kinda cash is up for grabs in Lyon, but in the past it was always only 350-500 for the win at an Avalanche Cup. Who knows, who cares...SWINE FLU!
Jill should be doing the DH, not the wank 4X ;)

Gotta do what you can before you get pig virus.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Jill should be doing the DH, not the wank 4X ;)

Gotta do what you can before you get pig virus.
She should have stayed on the 20"..ha, no serious though, 4X blows pig pipe but racing is racing. Quali results should be up soon. Strange to see Gee racing in Belgium, especially seen as the likes of Guido Tshugg are around, maybe Gee wants Tshugg to get the job done before he gets the Zombie pig flu.

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
we are all the DH riders that were complaining about too much stress at a world cup weekend to race both discpilines ? .... (rennie, needles and so on)... only gee is there !

all the magazines do updates and tons of pics on every fart that comes from minnaar at a dh wc but theres no word or anything about houfallize !? instead everyones just talkin' trash !

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
we are all the DH riders that were complaining about too much stress at a world cup weekend to race both discpilines ? .... (rennie, needles and so on)... only gee is there !

all the magazines do updates and tons of pics on every fart that comes from minnaar at a dh wc but theres no word or anything about houfallize !? instead everyones just talkin' trash !
You didn't get the memo
4X is dead.

I heard Minnaar just farted.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
is Dan not gunning for 4x overall? I'd have expected him to be there with Gee...

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004

Read my post above, most of the DH heavies won't race 4x becasuse missile man Guido Tshugg and his testosterone heavy mates will break your leg quicker then you can say Swine Flu!

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
he could be with rachel.. shes missing out for months due to surgery shes getting now
Well maybe the Swime flu is gettin to my eyesight, but I'm pretty sure Dan Atherton qualified in 12th place with a time of 46.97secs!

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
In other non Swine news, Bryn Atkinson won the "DH" race today in Houffalize. Second was Filip Polc.

Not sure how much of the 10K Bryn gets..I'm sure Jill will have the news up quciker then the rest of the media....

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
In other non Swine news, Bryn Atkinson won the "DH" race today in Houffalize. Second was Filip Polc.

Not sure how much of the 10K Bryn gets..I'm sure Jill will have the news up quciker then the rest of the media....
I am going to go with 5k to Bryn?
Good for him, looks like he gets his euro trip paid for now.

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
good business by bryn :biggrin:

Read my post above, most of the DH heavies won't race 4x becasuse missile man Guido Tshugg and his testosterone heavy mates will break your leg quicker then you can say Swine Flu!
ok right...that must be the reason... so thats why nearly only cedric is man enough to ride there .. he t-boned guido last year to make sure that the spanish buddy wins the overall ...

boring...

dhjunke

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
I am also getting ..Invalid at Inval...

Hopefully no technical problems on freecaster today....

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm sorry but I have been less than impressed with Freecaster. I appreciate what they are doing but come on.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
I'm sorry but I have been less than impressed with Freecaster. I appreciate what they are doing but come on.
stream works for me now

the audio is all screwed up just like it was before, only coming out of left channel and is super quiet compared to the noise on the actual course

its cool what theyre doing but to get people interested it's going to need some better standards