Quantcast

Uhm - what does 2 day mean to you???

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I just experienced, in my opinion, the most bold move in online company's service this week. Julie asked what I wanted for Valentine's Day, so I thought I might like to have a new jersey. I prefer full zip, but don't have any orders going to get one so I decided to just shop online. I found a LGI jersey for $50 at Nashbar. In order to guarantee it got here, I paid the $5 upcharge for 2 day service. They shipped it on Monday with an estimated arrival of the 13th. Well, that's great but they shipped it "Ground". When it didn't arrive in 2 days, I replied to the original order email with this. Do you agree with me???

I trust that since I paid for 2 day shipping and you chose to ship my package by ground on the 11th and it didn't arrive on the 13th as it should have that you will be crediting my card back the $5 difference in shipping fees. It is scheduled for delivery for the 14th. While that's not really unacceptable from a time stand point, the fact that you did not ship by Fed Ex 2 day service is unacceptable.

Thank you for your assistance with this issue.

Burton_350z

Chimp
Feb 13, 2008
I see no reason why they would argue crediting your card back. If it were me, id probably let it be, but again the company should not "sell" a service and ship it ground which CANNOT come through in time

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Loco, totally agree with your take on the matter. Do yourself a favor, call them first thing in the morning and get it squared away. It might only be $5, but don't settle for anything less.
Ya, maybe they will cover the shipping costs all together. they wont want the bad service rep. Let us know what happens

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i agree with you .. I've never had a problem with getting a refund on full shipping when something like that happened. just ask nicely that you would like your shipping charges reimbursed, worst case get he $5 back

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Actually I had an Issue like that once with Nashbar ,and When I called them they refunded not just the extra for 2 day shipping but credited me with all the shipping , and sent me a Coupon for 25% off my next order. definatly call them on it!
Nashbar/Performance CS has never let me down either when I've had an issue.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Nashbar/Performance CS has never let me down either when I've had an issue.
Performance never has. Nashbar did once. That said, I'm not really bashing them, as I have had the same happen with Jenson and Price Point, but they were in house delays on phone orders. If I order early enough and they let me pay for upgraded service, they should ship it.

I do know that they pay double to ship 2 day, so they save lots of coin by using Ground. Had I know ground was 3 days to here, I would have just done that. I'll update later.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
I called. They were nice and are refunding the $5. That's all I want, so I'm happy with that. A coupon is nice, but they aren't usually cheap enough on any normal stuff I would buy for me to buy it there.